Eat Something

Chapter Five

"Are you saying you haven't eaten anything?"

I shake my head lowly, embarrassment filling my face. I've never been able to afford buying any sort of warm meal. I've always relied on my vision to provide food for me.

"Paimon hasn't had anything to eat either! Let's go to Wanmin! Paimon's sure that Xiangling and Chef Mao have something for (Y/n) to eat!"

I raise my hands in defense.

"N-No! It's fine! I'm perfectly fine with not eating."

"I don't think so," a familiarly sultry voice coos.

I freeze and turn around.

Walking towards us is Baizhu, Changsheng, and Qiqi. Baizhu crosses his arms and shakes his head.

"My dear assistant, are you going to ignore something I told you to do?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, panic setting in.

"Didn't I say you need some sort of protein in you? I don't want you ruining your muscles again."

"Master Baizhu... I-"

"Nope." Baizhu turns to Lumine with a sadistic smile. "Would you mind buying her something to eat? Something with meat or beans? I'm assuming she hasn't eaten something like that in... How long would you say?"

"Several months," Changsheng hisses.

"Dammit you guys..." I mumble.

"Several months?" he asks. "What do you mean several months?"

"I live on the street you idiot. I don't have the money or equipment to get meat everyday. I can't fish, I can't hunt, I can't do anything."

"My my, the anger in your voice is more than I'd though you could ever have," Baizhu laughs.

I shake my head, angry at this current situation.

"Well... I don't see why we can't treat (Y/n) to something. Do you?" Lumine asks.

"Paimon doesn't either."

"That's because your hungry."

Paimon laughs awkwardly.

"Paimon guesses you got her there."

Lumine stretches a hand towards me. Something in my heart doesn't want to grab it, but I do as a sign of trust towards her. I may still feel frustration towards her, but it's not her fault, it's his.

"Come on, Wanmin isn't that far from here."

I flush and bow my head.

"Please. I don't want you buying things for me when I'm never going to be able to pay them back. It's just not right."

"We bought you that cloak, do you want to return it?"

I stay in stunned silence. I turn away, embarrassed that I've been placed in check.

"That's what I thought," Lumine laughs.

"Dammit..." I whisper.

In the corner of my eye, I see him looking at me, worry in his eyes. I notice the strain in his hands, wanting to reach out and touch me. Suddenly, Lumine goes around me and hugs him tight. He gradually returns the favour.

"Aw, aren't they cute?" Amber says with innocent giddy.

"Yeah... Cute..."

Mother loves you!

Drink water!

Get your assignments done!

OH! I applied for a job, could you all hope for me? If you're religious, could you pray? And if you're not, could you just keep me in your thoughts?

Get some sleep tonight!