1-the badlands

hello! i decided to make a oneshot book, bc i have so many ideas rn. pls. lowercaps as always lol u

anyway heres part 1 of karl snapmap stan, george his bestfriend, he meets dre etc etc. ahem. also dream is only a year younger than george (20, george is 21) bc its just more relevant. saucepan is 20 aswell, karl is 21.

AU where dream is (more) famous, hes in a band and karl is a fanboy. george goes to a concert, stuff snowballs.

just bc i love this au. may make this a book. idunno.

PLS GO READ THEIR STORY I LOVE IT SM OMG HEAVILY inspired by DandelionDictates .
formal intro here;

chapter 1: tickets buy your time, i gift you mine in exchange

its karls birthday; hes in for a surprise.
———————

the window blinds are shut, but the morning light still finds a way in. like a flower thirsting for water, it latches onto any surface it can reach.

the desk, bookcases, georges bed- georges face.

his eyes flutter open to the sunlight pricking against his eyelids, making him see spots and lines.

now, george isnt much of a morning person. he would rather stay up, watching streams or editing his videos. but tonight- today was different.

you see, it was karls birthday. he couldnt afford to be lazy, not at the cost of his best fr- dorm mates happiness.

he double checks his calendar, just to make sure he couldnt sleep just a minute-or an hour longer.

nope. 19th of june, 2021 it is.

he sighs dramatically. i fucking despise mornings, he thinks, in his (really not so quiet) mind.

he gets up and out of bed, nonetheless, and puts on his unicorn slippers.

yeah, you heard me. or read me. whatever. unicorn slippers. george had gotten them for his 20th birthday from karl, and had kept wearing them out of pure affection.

he still wasnt sure wether karl had been serious or bought them as a joke- but he didnt offer that much thought as of now.

as i was saying-writing- telling you, george got out of bed with a yawn, putting on his unicorn slippers.

he slumped down the hall to their kitchen, making sure to be as quiet as he could in his morning state.

george got out the ingredients for karls favorite meal, even if it couldnt really be called a meal. flour, sugar, salt, milk, you know the deal.

he was just getting done flipping the last pancake on top of the pile, when he heard light rummaging in karls room.

george quickly sat the syrup and toppings down on the table, just as karl half-ran into the kitchen.

karl, of course, was a morning person.

along with liking orange juice best, thinking pineapple belonged on pizza, and having never eaten sushi in his life.

but george still loved him. even though he would never admit to it.

«happy birthday, karl!» george says as energized as he can manage, facing a karl literally shaking from excitement.

you could say karl was speechless- oh, nevermind

karl lets out a high pitched type of shout, while jumping a bit. does that count as speech? probably not.

george cant supress his grin, as he watches his (unofficial) best friends pure joy as karls eyes fall on the table.

«you made pancakes?! george!» he half shouts, speedrunning over to the table. he beckons george to sit down, and george reluctantly agrees.

hed never been a fan of pancakes, more of a savory person himself- but lets not get all snobby on yout best friends birthday, shall we?

as george sits down, his grin forms a more mischevious smile. karl watches as he pulls a crumpled paper out of his pocket and hands it to him.

karl is puzzled for a moment before he realizes.

«george- oh my god, george.» he says, quietly. george knows very well that hes just flicked the lighter on karls gasoline brain.

«you- you got tickets to their show?»

george silently nods, biting his lip to stop him from grinning.

«YOU BOUGHT ME TICKETS TO THE BADLANDS?!» karl finally erupts, like a volcano exploding after decades of waiting.

george cant help but laugh with an ecstatic-fanboying karl.

———————-

IMPORTANT: if you stopped reading here, why? looking for constructive critisism (:
thank you!

that will be 680 words. short, sure, but thats oneshots i guess.

i love this au- regretting not making it into a book, but well see how it goes.

i have a problem with creating stories, writing the start, and burning out before the next chapter. ill try to get better, but thats why im trying out oneshots- not too much pressure.

i will definetaly be writing a second chapter tho. (: