What happened to this book

Hi everyone, as most of you know this book has been gone for a while now and I thought I should put out an explanation to what happened for anyone who comes looking for it.

For those of you who may just be stumbling upon this somehow, I had a book with over 4 million reads in 8 months and that earned me 25K followers. I never thought that would ever be possible which is why the book was so close to my heart. It contained 50 chapters, each with 1.5K to 3K words showing how long it took me to work on it. 

In January 2021, I logged onto wattpad and suddenly the book, along with all of my notifications had disappeared, even from my drafts. I had no way of finding my work privately on the site and I made the mistake of not backing up any of my work elsewhere as the possibility of this kind of thing happening had never even crossed my mind. To this day I still don't know exactly what happened, I was tirelessly trying to contact wattpad and get help from their support but I never received a reason for what happened and why it happened. I know a lot of you were also trying to get in contact with wattpad too so I want to thank you for that.

From information I have gathered from other writers and readers, it would appear that wattpad had a sudden crackdown on their terms of use and for some reason they thought I violated them. I did put a mature rating on the book as well as a warning on all the chapters that involved smut, swearing and mature themes so I am not quite sure of what else I could've done to prevent this happening. However, even though I did all I could, I feel as though I still owe you all an apology for missing something that could've prevented this from happening. I know this book was an escape from all the was happening in the world for a lot of you and I had received a lot of messages from you guys saying I saved your lockdown which I believe to be one of my greatest accomplishments. I am so proud of myself that I could help thousands of people and hopefully I will continue to in the future. 

This book helped me a lot as well. It gave me something to focus on when my world was kind of falling apart. It also gave me enough confidence to take the step to apply to a writing degree a university which I am pleased to say I got early acceptance for and I will be forever grateful to all of you who support me for that.

I know a lot of you are wondering what the next stage is for this account. I really want to focus on more original work as I am getting older and it will be more useful for my future. That being said, I am not closing the doors to more hp fanfiction. If I ever get the urge to write more Harry Potter one shots, I will be sure to publish them within this book.

Once more I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who continually read and supported this book and I am so grateful for all the friends I made through this community. If there is a particular genre of writing you would like to see in my original work, please feel free to leave it in the comments, I already have a few ideas but I want to make sure they would be something that you would all enjoy as well.

If you have any more questions about this book, please ask them as well as I hope I will be able to answer them. Lots of love ~ CursedbyDraco <3 

EDIT: After finding out more information, the book most likely would've been taken down if people who are underage were reading it. I remember seeing threads of comments where people said their ages, and I often saw 11 years old and 13 years old. Although I made an announcement making it clear that smut should only be read if you're over 18 and I don't condone or encourage underage people reading my content, I guess what probably happened is a parent found out their kid was reading this book and reported it because they didn't know what else to do. Wattpad would've then looked into it and found out how many underage people were reading it just by looking at my comments section. If this was the case, there was unfortunately nothing I could/can do.