Prologue: Christmas Morning.

Sonic, adopted son to the late Longclaw awakens up in his room, the surroundings have become all but familiar and the attachment that he has to it has grown much. This is his cave, a new place to make up for the loneliness years before. This is starting to become something that he's been wanting since he was a child—a home and a place to celebrate with them— Christmas Day the most well know celebration, the holiday he's only seen but never really knew. A jolt of excitement surged from within him. Feeling ecstatic about going downstairs to see all the presents specifically the ones he made for Tom and Maddie, Sonic ensured that both of them will be awake to watch and for them to see their own presents he wrapped.

"I can't wait!" Sonic said full of life, a drastic comparison from a year ago and now. Especially since October where he had his own qualms with the darkness he never knew existed in him. His adrenaline kicked in and he dashed downstairs at the speed of light. Reaching the room in less than two seconds to awake them, "Guys, guys, guys it's Christmas!" Sonic exclaimed, his words so fast it felt as if he sipped down tons of sugar before then deciding to barge into the room and awake them. Maddie squinted her eyes adjusting herself to the daylight that sprayed into the room and upon Sonic who looked at her in happiness, nudging Tom's shoulder Maddie proceeded to acknowledge Sonic again, this time uttering words. "We'll be down as soon as we can, okay Sonic?" Maddie said gently, making sure she's as excited for it as he is. Nodding in understanding the hedgehog turned around and ran downstairs to await their arrival to the Christmas Tree. The bedsheets became a mess once again as Maddie hopped out of bed upon Sonic's leave of the room, "Tom!" Maddie whispered sharply to him in hopes of waking him up. "Huh...?" Tom lifted his face up from the pillow he'd been drooling on, half-asleep and half-lazy. "It's Christmas! Come on, Sonic's waiting!" Tom's eyes opened wide, "I thought it was tomorrow?!"

Sonic looked around the house, wasting some time before they come downstairs. Surely in his own mind this is going to be the best day of his life—something he used to yearn to have again after what had happened so long ago. To have finally been able to celebrate—Christmas of all holidays—is exciting. Given things could've turned out bad; being captured by Dr. Robotnik, not being able to rescue both Tom and Maddie from harms away, losing his life at Green Hills... it definitely felt at times that he couldn't go on any longer and not because he didn't want to. He tried everything in his power to capture him, aside from his speed what other power do they think he harnesses that makes him so much a pet project? "Could it be my charm? My handsome looks?." Sonic said aloud almost sarcastic to his own thoughts as he knew deep down that it is not at all the reason. To anyone else he spewed out nonsense without meaning, his hand drew upon his chin as he paced around the kitchen to just put into account what Robotnik had truly wanted to extract or to recreate from his quills and in extension his whole body. Distracted from the theories he began to process, the other creature of the home, one named Ozzy walked out of his bed and to the smell of the newest member of the house. Months living in the same household allowed Ozzy to fully accept Sonic as one of his family much like his best friend Tom Wachowski and Maddie Wachowski. Garnering the attention of Sonic, Ozzy awaited for the full attention he'll receive.

"Hey Ozzy!" Sonic greeted the golden retriever who he became friends with, pleased to see him in the kitchen, Sonic readied out his hand to pet him. The lovable golden fur dog seemed to have also grown an attachment to the blue furball as well, some affectionate licks on the face caused Sonic to laugh in response. "That's still gross~" Sonic said with a tight smile to avoid the tongue going anywhere else on his face, Ozzy stopped licking and sat down by his side mouth hung still open, he seems happy today, maybe he knows what day it is, dogs aren't unintelligent after all. Sonic sat down beside the counter, waiting for the two to come down. "Don't be a sour patch, Sonic." The thoughts caved in right on top of the negative energy dispelling outward. There isn't a need to worry, this shouldn't be about worry. "This is Christmas Oz. I shouldn't be worrying about anything other than spending time with you all!" He reaffirmed to himself, there isn't a need to be scared anymore, the trying of Dr. Robotnik has come to pass and his time out there alone as some manifestation of a werewolf has also come to pass. Exhaling the lingering thoughts that made him less excited for Christmas Day, Sonic instead invited in the comfort of the holiday and open arms of those around him.