Chapter 2

Destiny's POV

I parked and got out of my car almost blown away with the sight before me.

The building that stood in front of me was maybe a hundred some floors.

All the windows were see-through, looking so professional.

I walked to the entrance and made my way in.

I soon spotted a desk with a brunette sour face that belonged to a lady looks about in her 20's.

I immediately made my way to her .

She looked up less than 3 secands and looks back at whatever she was doing and asked ," Yes ? How may I help you ?"sounding bored.

"Uhh , yeah I'm here for my interview " I answered calmly.

"Do you have an appointment ? "She said sounding like she has some better place to be.aarrggg .

Back home it was easier, but I chose this .

This was for me and I might as well be kissing ass while I'm at it .

"Uhh yeah I've kept updating on my application and only yesterday ,your company called me and told me to come down for an 8:30 interview ."I put up the sweetest fake smile I could, " My names Destiny Joseph."

She looked at her computer screen and after three minutes she tells me to go on ahead into the lobby and be seated until there was further notice.

I did as I was told.

***

About an hour passed and I was already getting annoyed at the fact that my stomach was making weird sounds and I immediately remembered that I had forgotten to eat breakfast .

Ahh how long is this going to take !

Just then the brunette sour face stands up and motions me over," Mr.Micheals would like to see you now."She points down a hall ,"floor 102 "and walks back to her desk.Uhh the people here are not a big fan of welcoming I guess.

I started down the hall.

Wait a minute did that sour puss just say Mr.Micheals ?!? As in The CEO not a HR manager or whatever.

okay okay do NOT I repeat Des do NOT freak out.

I stepped into the elevator and pressed on floor 102.

The whole time I was fixing my hair ,putting a little blush on my cheeks ,and crossing my fingers.

This is it Des , if you can just get this job it will do you greatness.Your family depands on it and your fathers land back in Pohnpei.

That was where I'm really from ,a small island with a strong culture.

Lately that culture is being manipulated by the government and my father was beeing forced to give up his land.Nope not on my watch .

If I can just get this job and send money to my family to pay off the bank little by little ,even if I didn't have any food on my plate.

I know my family did everything for me ,without them saving money for me from Dads sakau shop I wouldn't even make it all the way here.

I met a redhead with a temper but immediately became best friends ,Jade was her name.