━━ reflections

𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀, annabeth chase

❛ we were too close to the starsi never knew somebody like you ❜

i never knew somebody like you ❜

     IN WHICH a silly little game brings two girls together, and Annabeth Chase realizes that Lorelai Ferrars is more than just a daughter of Apollo

or

     IT IS common knowledge that Lorelai Ferrars is the Golden Girl of Camp Half-Blood.

     (Aside from Aurelia Lavigne, I guess; even though she hasn't been claimed by any godly parent, no one can compare to her ever.)

     Like, come on. The girl was born to popular actress Meredith Ferrars, she gets everything. She's been born in fame, there's not a single bone in her body that isn't spoiled rotten. 

     Or at least, that's what Annabeth Chase tries to tell herself, every time Lorelai enters a room and her heart begins to speed up just a tiny bit.

     (And, contrary to what Percy and Aurelia keep telling her, it has nothing to do with how the blonde girl looks or acts like, thank you very much.)

     Annabeth doesn't really understand why everyone in Camp Half-Blood thinks so highly of Lorelai -- like, sure, she can play the piano and is wicked at archery. Maybe she has an amazing voice and a gorgeous face and great fuckin' eyes. But that kind of talent doesn't change the fact that she comes off as a bitch and that Annabeth is probably never going to feel anything resembling attraction for her.

     (No, Percy, that's not a lie. Stop feeding yourself into delusions.)

     When the daughter of Athena and the daughter of Apollo are paired up for a game, Annabeth's surprised at how far off she had been about Lorelai. In fact, she was the complete opposite of the girl she had made up in her mind. Furthermore, the two girls are forced to be in each other's presence when Annabeth's prophecy needs six people, and she's only chosen five, and thus, Percy fucking Jackson, out of the goodness of his heart, suggests Lorelai be a part of the quest, and everybody agrees to it.

     She's going to kill somebody.