Chapter 3

The two of them arrived at the guild where the first things her friends noticed were that her eyes were a little puffy. "Hey guys" she greeted. "well she seems cheery" said Gray. "yeah but something did happen" she said to him quietly as Lucy and Happy walked over. "So did you get to see him?, you were gone for a while" asked Gray. "yup I did" "Then why do you sound disappointed. She took a seat in between them. Happy made what sounded like sympathetic cry when he saw her face. "hmmm" Gray and Erza both went in unison. 

 "He looks horrible guys, all his muscle mass is fading and his fire was a joke. He was barely able to make a fireball." Happy's eyes widened in fear as Lucy hadn't told him that. "Does that mean he's dying?" he asked her. "No Happy, you know Natsu, he wouldn't give up that easily, I just think it's because he tormented himself..." she paused. "and now, I don't even know if they feed him, he didn't tell me. I would assume they give him something but I'm not sure.. this is infuriating!!, if it wasn't for that damn poison in his system, he wouldn't even be in there!!!!" she said loudly getting everyone's attention. "uhh, Lucy" said Gray. "What" she snapped until he pointed behind him.

Everyone was looking at her. "sorry" she apologized embarrassed. "I didn't mean to be that loud" "It's alright Lucy" said Makarov walking over to her. "Did something happen when you went to see Natsu?" 

"Gramps...I understand completely why Natsu did what he did..and as much as I hate it, I also get why the council took him. That thing forced him to do horrible, unnamable, unforgivable things but I think he's being punished enough just having to live with that for the rest of his life" Erza and the other two were listening intensively as she kept talking to Makarov. Taking a heavy breath she continued " Gramps, I don't care what needs to be done, if he has to have a watch team, daily antidotes , I don't give a damn but..he needs to come home. If he stay's there, I'm.." " it's okay Lucy, keep going" Makarov motioned. 

"I'm afraid he really will die if he stays there any longer. He was skin , I felt it when he hugged me." she shuddered thinking about it while Erza and Gray patted her on her shoulder. "hmmm" Makarov said thinking. " I know your part of the council Gramps, it was because of Jurrah that I was even able to see him.." 

" Council be damned, I don't need to be apart of the council if this is how they treat a prisoner of theirs, we will find a way to get him out Lucy, I promise" Lucy looked at him with hope in her eyes. "Thank you". "He's family Lucy, as are you, no need to thank me for this is what we do" Everyone nodded in agreement for they were listening as him and Lucy talked.

"What do you want us to do Master?" Erza asked. " let me think before you all go rushing into something" he told her. " Remember even if we do get him out, that poison is still in his system." The looks on their faces told him they didn't need a reminder.

 "Mommy" Lucy looked up. Nashi had come running and jumped on her lap. Bisca and Alzack were behind her with Asca. "Thank you guys" she said running her hand through Nashi's silky pink hair. " No worries darling, it's always fun watching her" Bisca replied as they went and got a table. " Did you have fun?" she asked. "Yup, yup" . Giggling at Nashi's happy attitude, she said " I'm glad baby" " Did you see daddy?" that question caught her off guard. 

"Why ,yyyes, yes I did" her cheeks turned a little pink. "When is he coming home?" "hopefully soon baby" " Really!" she jumped up. " calm down baby. Please, I don't want to get your hopes up" "aww" her tone going low. "Sorry Nashi" she hugged Nashi to her. " I miss him mommy." She cried laying against Lucy's stomach. " I miss him too baby, I want him home too" 

 Seeing the pain on Lucy's and Nashi's faces was enough to aggravate Makarov. He balled his fists for a moment and took a breath. "Come on Lucy" he said firmly. She looked at him ."Come on" he said again. "You guys as well" he looked at the other three. "Where are we going?" " to bring Natsu home"

Lucy wasn't going to question as she got up and said "come on Nashi" holding her hand out. Nashi looked up at Lucy who said "we are bringing daddy home" with a smile. Her smile instantly came back as she grabbed ahold of Lucy's hand tightly and walked with her. Happy flew and sat on Lucy's shoulder. 

" You ready Happy?" "You bet!" he exclaimed happily. " We will be back everyone, hopefully with everyone" he announced to the guild. "Good Luck" they all said. (Fairy Tail main theme as they leave) They got to the magic council prison. " GET OUT HERE YOU DIRTBAG! shouted Makarov. The captain of the rune knights walked out the doors. 

"What Makarov?" "One of my children comes to you willingly and I hear you are letting him die, nothing fills me more with rage then hearing about the mistreatment of my kids." The captain eyed Lucy who held her ground. 

"Why are you here?" he asked suspiciously. "We are here to take Natsu home.. AND WE WONT TAKE NO!!! FOR AN ANSWER!!" Makarov grew to his giant stage. " We aren't leaving without him" Makarov's voice boomed as Lucy and the others got ready to charge if they needed too. Nashi had stayed back out of the way. " If we have to force our way in , we will but I would prefer not to do that" said Makarov. The captain just looked annoyed and tired. 

"Damn Fairy Tail" he said under his breath. The others glared at him waiting for an answer. He pulled out an a communication lacrma and pressed a few buttons. " council, yes..jurrah" he said plainly. "we have a situation here" he said watching them. "What!" the captain said surprised. "Sir, I don't, ,,are you sure that's a wise choice given the issue,..alright, alright, yes sir" he put the lacrma away and had a very sullen expression on his face as he opened the doors quick and went back inside leaving the others very puzzled. 

"What the hell was that?"asked Gray. Makarov shrunk back down to his normal size. "Gramps, do you know what happened?" asked Lucy. "I'm afraid I don't Lucy, I was hoping to do this the easy way... but we will do it the hard way!!" he said encouragingly. Lucy, Erza, Gray and Happy got ready to run when the doors re opened. 

Nobody moved as they watched to see who would come out. They were speechless with their mouths hanging open. Natsu clumsily walked out. Lucy put her hands to her face overcome with joy as emotions bubbled inside her causing her legs to give out as she sat on the ground. 

 "Hey guys" he waved his hand and smiled. "NATSU!!" Happy yelled as he went flying toward him. He stopped at Natsu's chest where with tears in his eyes, he looked up and said "I missed youuuuuu" "Hehe, I missed you too little buddy" he told him as he patted the top of his head. He glanced and saw Makarov standing there with a big smile on his face. 

 "Thanks gramps" he said as Erza and Gray came over with giant hugs. "damn, how long have I been gone" he said completely shocked. "shut it flame brain." " we're just happy to have you back" said Erza. They stepped back when Makarov was standing in front of him. 

"I'm not the one you should be thanking" he titled his head back. He looked out and got a warm meaningful smile on his face. Lucy was sitting there with an equally warm smile. Happy jumped off while the others stood aside as Natsu walked past. He held his arms out as Lucy came running. Picking her up by her legs, she was in the air. 

Not having his usual strength he lost his grip causing himself to fall on his back while Lucy landed on him. Neither of them complained as they laid there while everyone who was worried for a second just lightly grinned at the couple. She squeezed her arms around him as she looked up to his face. 

"Natsu" she said lovingly. He took his hand and brushed her cheek with it. Still holding him, she scooted herself up to his face and whispered "please kiss me" Not needing to ask twice, he took his hands and wrapped them around her as they both closed their eyes as he brought his lips to hers. Happy's cheeks turned red as he turned away. The others did the same. 

Letting each other go after a minute, Natsu and Lucy smiled a teeth showing smile as Lucy giggled and said " your back" He looked at her lovingly like there was nothing else in the world but her. " I told you we would make it through this, I love you". "I love you too Natsu." he got them up as he placed a small kiss on her forehead. Putting her fingers through his, she never wanted to let go again.