Running away

A/N This is Delphi.

Ayla walked upstairs and gathered the supplies she would need. Then, she walked back down and took Delphi's hand. 

"We're going now, Delphi." 

Delphi looked worried. "Where?" 

The older girl sighed. "Away, Delphi. Nowhere and everywhere at the same time. In a few years, we'll get Harry, too. We'll figure it out as we go. But I promise that you'll be safe, as long as you're with me. The Ministry will want us to go to Mother, and she will force us into her way of life. I will not stand for that. If I'm going to go down a path of life, it's going to be my own. I will create my own path, as will you." 

Remus suddenly understood. "But if you do that, you'll grow up on the streets!" 

Ayla looked at him sadly. "If that's what it takes for freedom, then I think it's a pretty fair trade. I have underage magic, remember? I'll teach Delphi and Harry how to control it, and then everything will be okay." 

Remus stared sadly. But Ayla was already in a coat, getting Delphi in one too. 

Delphi looked up. Then she looked at Ayla. "Ayla, will we visit Remy and the graves and Azkaban?" 

Ayla looked conflicting, as though her mind was having battles with itself. 

Finally, she spoke. "I- I suppose. We can't go to Azkaban though. Nope. But we can visit Remus and the graves. Come on!" 

As the older man watched, the two girls ran away into the great unknown.