Chapter eight - regrets

Jenifer's POV

Jonah walked towards me. Why is he here ? He did say he wanted nothing to do with the baby. I ignored him and asked the doctor "is my baby okay ?" I knew something was wrong but I had hope . I thought by some miracle the bullet didn't hurt my baby. I knew it was highly impossible for the baby to survive but I didn't wanna admit it.

"I'm sorry ma'am the baby didn't survive. You had a miscarriage." With that the doctor left the room. My heart sank. My baby was gone. My Blessing was gone . I didn't even have the chance to have him/her in my arms. It hurts , it hurts so bad. I didn't have the chance to see his/her little face. My baby is gone and never coming back.

With tears streaming down my face I asked Jonah " why are you here ?"

"Your boyfriend over here called me and told me what happened. If you weren't such a bitch and messing with this married idiot our baby would still be alive. You are a dumb bitch , you should have closed your legs . It's your fault that our baby died. I wouldn't be surprised if you hired that bitch to shoot you. You killed our baby. You're a murd....." He paused when someone said "what baby?"

It was my mom . " Hello miss Watterson." Jonah said. My mom never liked Jonah. She warned me a couple of times about him but I didn't listen . At that moment all I could think of was the knife in my heart that Jonah keeps on turning. His words hurt more than the physical pain I was feeling. I can't take it anymore . It was too much for me to handle. I wanted the pain to just go away.

"What's going on here ? Why is my daughter in a hospital bed? And who's baby are you talking about?" Mom asked and Jason told her everything. Apparently Jason is the one that called my mother. I expected my mom to start yelling at me and tell me how foolish I am but nah...she didn't. She came to me with tears in her eyes and hugged me tighter. "I'm so sorry sweetheart. I'm so sorry I should've been there for you" she said between sobs.

"It is okay mom . I'll be fine." I lied. I lied to my mom. I lied I don't think I'll ever be okay. I got up and went to the bathroom. Mom wanted to accompany me but I refused .

I looked myself at the mirror. What did I do to deserve this? Why is life so cruel to me? I punched the mirror and it shattered into pieces . I looked down and picked a sharp glass. I sat down and looked at my wrists. "Cutting myself won't help me now" I thought to myself. "It's time to end it. I don't wanna live anymore. I can't handle the pain anymore."

I took the glass and started slicing my wrist. I pressed harder and finally cut my veins. I did the same to the other wrist. I laid down as I feel the world drifting away from me. I ended the pain. My baby was gone there was no reason for me to live. I closed my eyes and drifted to darkness. My pain vanished and my life seemed to be coming to an end.

        Jason's POV

"I'm going to get some coffee." Anais Jenifer's mom said and left the room. I was alone with Jonah. I can't believe how heartless this guy is. Jenifer got shot and lost the baby and all he said was everything is her fault.

"This woman is so rich. If I play my cards right and marry her whore of a daughter I'll be the richest man alive. " Jonah said. Okay I have reached my limits with this guy. I got up and punched him. He groaned but all I saw was red . I was angry . How can he be so selfish. I punched him over and over again. He fell and I got on top of him. I punched him again. I choked him and his eyes looked like they were about to pop out .

I got up and sat down again . Jonah stood up with a busted lip, bloody nose and swollen eyes. He smiled . That little piece of shit smiled. " I see her ratchet pussy got you whipped" he said. Oh no he didn't. I stood up and gave him a low blow on his stomach. He crumbled to the floor. I kicked him not caring if he dies or not. He was so disrespectful. I wonder what Jen saw in him.