Chapter 24

Quinton's pov

I swear I had never been scared to see Raymond angry until today but I can't really blame him. He caught me kissing his little sister in her own bedroom and I'm pretty sure I would've reacted the same way if I had a baby sister.

I'm busy moving around the kitchen, wondering what Raymond and Reneè are talking about. I should be up there too. I know Raymond wouldn't hurt her but what if he threatens her to stay away from me? What if he tells Ryan? Oh god, I need to get up there.

"Quinton", a deep voice suddenly calls out. I turn around to see John standing by the fridge. "Oh hi dad. I did not see you there," I state shyly for some reason. He chuckles and heads towards me, "That's because you were in deep thought. You look worried."

I'm contempating whether I should tell him what happened or not. I know he already knows about us but I don't know if I'm ready to talk to him about us. I sigh as I pull out a seat.

"Well, uhm. Reneè was in her room bathing and I came down here to watch tv. About 30 minutes later, I went back up to check if she is done and she was then I walked up to her and we started kissing but when we stopped, Raymond was at the door and he saw the entire thing."

John looks at me with no expression on his face. "Well damn, you better run boy", he says laughing. I laugh with him and say I'd rather not. He looks at me with very bright smile and says, "Look Quinton, I'm sure Raymond will understand if Reneè explains to him and if he doesn't he will come around one day as he gets used to the idea. Just be thankful it's not Ryan because we both know he is a loose cannon."

"But dad, I don't want Ray to be uncomfortable but I also don't want to be without Reneè", I say worried. I may be a man but I know what exactly is it that I want.

"I know but you know how she can be plus Raymond can be really understanding so just wait for them to come downstairs and we will all talk", John says and as if on que the elevator dings.

Reneè and Raymond run into the kitchen heading for the fridge. Raymond seems to grab a can of coke before Reneè which pisses her off. "Jacob!!! Give it back!!". Raymond holds it over his head while laughing hysterically at Reneè's attempt to reach it "Nope. We said who ever reaches the fridge first gets it."

"You pushed me jackass!!!", Reneè says outloud. John stands up and walks over to them taking the can from Raymond, opening it up and drinking. Now I'm laughing hysterically.

"What?!!! No fair!!!", Raymond and Reneè say simultaneously. This is just fun to watch. Reneè looks at me and comes up, "The hell you laughing at?" She asks angrily. I forgot how moody she can get.

"You're cute when mad", I say on purpose. She tries to hide her blush which she does only to mumble a "shut up". I look over at Raymond and he's as red as a tomato.

"No fair dad", is all he managed to say. He looks in my direction as he sits down next to John. I don't like the look he's giving me. I don't like it at all. It just turned into a smirk. "So, Quinton Marcus. How did you ask Reneè to be your girlfriend?"

"I...", "He made me breakfast this morning and asked me.", Reneè says. I haven't asked her because I wanted to take her to the arcade first. Reneè always loved the idea of getting a "relationship proposal" at an arcade after beating the guy's ass at one game.

"Ain't you romantic?", Raymond says. "Never thought you had it in you. Look, I am shocked. What I saw upstairs, shocked me. But I'll let you guys be but you have to tell Ryan at some point and soon before he finds out"

I'd be lying if I said that I'm not shocked to see Raymond react this way. "Don't worry, we'll tell him soon enough." I say. "Okay. I'm giving you guys three months. Should be more than enough to figure out where you guys are heading and your dynamic"

I look at Reneè and notice her smiling widely, then I look back at Raymond. "Thanks bro. Means a lot.", I say truthfully. "Anything for my baby sister and future brother-in-law", he says with a smirk.

"Too soon, Ray!!", the three of us say together before laughing.