Forbidden

ZILA 

Kal's sister is the most attractive person I have ever seen.

                               ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

SAEDII 

  I survey the motley group before me with more than a hint of distaste. My brother, of course, along with several Terrans (oh, the humility!) and a lone Betraskan.

  Two of them are masked, wearing the uniforms of the Global Intelligence Agency, but that does not fool me. They are clearly inexperienced, their very posture indicating their rank.

  But even as I address them, I cannot stop my mind from carefully prodding theirs, just to see what kind of threat they would be, of course.

  Kal, my wayward brother, has a fiery red energy that the Warbreed cabal possess, but along with it, the soft golden glow of the Waywalkers. Much as it shames me to admit it, Kal and I did inherit some of our mother's ability, though mine is stronger than his.

  What intrigues me, however, is that two of the Terrans have the same golden aura, though more subdued than my brother's.

  The boy's mind is a warm amber, mixed with some purple and gold. Hmm...Loyal, brave and strategic. Interesting.

  I turn my thoughts to the other one. She is masked, the metal slightly interfering with my mental scan, but I can gather enough. Brilliant red and deep purple intertwine with each other, somehow creating something beautiful despite the starkness in colour. Passionate and outgoing.

  Beside Kal, his (shameful) be'shmai stand beside him, radiating energy of midnight blue. I try prodding her mind further, but she somehow senses my presence and lashes out, forcing me to retreat. Outwardly, however, she gives no indication that she has just thrown me out of her mind. An involuntary reflex, perhaps.

  I waste little time on the injured Betraskan, observing his silver and light pink energy for a second before moving on.

  What.

  The moment I latch on to her, I feel it immediately. The Pull.

  That is impossible.  I violently suppress it.

  This one, like the other, is clothed in a GIA uniform, but I can sense that she too, is a girl. Her mind is different from the rest. It glows with a pale green light, but has absolutely nothing that I can sense. It is just...there. No thoughts, no emotions, nothing beyond that soft colour. It is oddly comforting.

  I know that I have wasted precious few moments doing this, but I cannot resist diving deeper, thinking that she is somehow cloaking her mind very well.

  I am met with a gentle but strong resistance, keeping whatever she is hiding inside, and me outside.

  With a sigh, I withdraw, knowing that I need to fully focus on my duty.

                               ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

  The impact throws me backwards, the force the "Aurora" girl just threw at us hitting me and taking my breath away.

  I know I should get up, but I am winded for a good few seconds at least.

  I can hear my future prisoners talking amongst each other, and raise my head just in time to see the green energy girl pull off her mask.

  I am stunned in a completely different way. She is absolutely beautiful. Dark, curly hair frames her face, her skin a rich brown. Her eyes are equally dark, but glimmering with intelligence, and she wears golden hoops on her ears.