(30) BABY SHOWER

Every preparation of baby shower had ended almost

Every preparation of baby shower had ended almost. Royal priest had announced an auspicious day for it. The atmosphere was euphoric about the occasion. Each voice was eager to sing "Mangal geet" (A kind song specially meant for occasions) for Rohini. Each hand was in wait to put "Mangal tilak" (A mark of vermilion on forehead wishing wellbeing) on her forehead. Each heart was excited to adorn her with gifts and their wishes.

It was the night before the function. Whole family was present in dining hall.

"Maiya, Anything special do you want from us in baby shower?" Dau asked feeding Rohini.

"Us means!" Devaki exclaimed sensing the meaning of dau's question.

"Me and dau, Mata!" Kanha told simply.

"In baby shower what you boys will do?" Devaki asked with a soft chuckle.

"This function is wellbeing of our ladli, right? So, as brothers we will give our well wishes to her," Dau expressed their motive.

"But boys aren't allowed in this function," Devaki's words made the duo stare at each other for sometime.

"But we are brothers of the baby. She loves us more than anyone in this world. If we won't come then she would be sad," Kanha saddened his expression after uttering the words "Sad".

"Say anything. But you can't be allowed," Rohini denied making them silent.

Both kept quiet at that time as they knew they can't convince their mothers. After Rohini slept they came to their chamber as usual. Dau started searching something in a trunk after coming back.

"Dau, what are you searching?" Kanha asked trying to peep into the trunk.

"The clothes in which we can go to baby shower," Dau told continuing his search.

"Wear what you want. But you can't be allowed," Saying this Kanha was about to go to bed, but he stopped when dau showed him the clothes he was searching.

"What is this, Dau?" Kanha asked with wide eyes.

"These are the clothes in which we will attend baby shower," Dau told placing a piece of cloth on Kanha's shoulder.

"From where did you get this idea?" Kanha was still surprised.

"Don't act so innocent, Kanha. I got this idea from your previous deeds only," Dau smirked over Kanha's expression.

"Dau, the level of your intelligence is growing beyond my imagination. You thought such a nice idea, that too before me!" Kanha was unable to react beyond his surprise.

"Only ladies can be in this function. So in order to be a part of this function we should change our reality, simple!" Explaining his idea dau patted on Kanha's back playfully.

Baby shower started. Royal priest came. After doing tilak of Rohini as a ritual, he gave her blessing, and left. Now only ladies were there. Dau nd Kanha made their entry in attire of, girls of course.

After entry both brothers went, and sit in a corner where no one's attention caught them easily. But girls were looking at them continuously.

"Kanha, why are they staring at us like this? I am feeling awkward," Dau told pulling his veil towards his face from one side.

"Dau, we are looking gorgeous. That's why they are feeling jealous," Kanha told the fact only to receive an irritated expression from dau.

"Stop joking, Kanha!" Dau scolded Kanha in a low voice.

"Dau, I am not joking. Only saying the truth," Kanha tried to state the fact again which dau ignored simply.

Here baby shower was going on. Everyone was coming, and was giving their well wishes and blessing to Rohini. In between all these a group of girls came towards dau and Kanha. Dau just hided himself behind Kanha.

"Dau, hiding behind me isn't going to help you in saving yourself from this disaster," Kanha chuckled making dau grit his teeth gently.

"Kanha, why is this disaster coming towards us? Do some miracle, and send them back," Dau uttered last line in hurry which was indicating his worry clearly.

"Dau, you don't know girls. Nothing can divert them from their fixed goals," Kanha was having fun in bothering dau in that situation too.

"Hey Narayan!" Dau uttered to get some relief.

"Dau! I am also stuck here with you. Actually it's because of you. This was your idea, right?" Kanha turned at dau with a complaining look.

"Yes it was. But you came here by your own will. I didn't force you. If my idea was that much bad then why did you appreciate it? Now be quite, and handle them," Dau told patting on Kanha's back making him look forward.

"Dau, you are elder than me. So how could you send me in front of danger when you are present by my side?" Kanha complained in a soft tone.

"Kanha, I can, and I will protect you from the whole world. But in this matter I am helpless. Moreover is it always responsibility of elders to protect younger ones? Isn't it also duty of younger ones to be strength of elders in difficulties, and help them? This situation is like that," Dau's logical words made Kanha speechless.

Kanha just face palmed himself for underestimating dau's skill in trapping. At that time girls came, and sat beside Kanha as dau's seat was close to corner.

Those girls appreciated them for their senses of dressing, and asked them from where did they get such a nice collection of dress and jewellery? Dau remained quite, and became deaf ears to their questions. Kanha was feeling like facing numerous arrows at a single time being flooded with their questions. Still he tried to tackle with it. But at last he lost his cool.

"Why are you all asking so much questions about sense of dressing? We are here to attend our mata's baby shower not to compete in quiz of beauty," He scolded them in his original voice.

When he finished he saw all were looking towards him with dangerous glares. Dau smacked Kanha's head. Mata Devki came, and held both of their ears.

"Mata, I am all innocent. It was dau's idea," Kanha told struggling under Devaki's grip.

But she didn't hear anything, and dropped them out by holding their ears.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact you liked here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

Hey LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

RADHE RADHE 🙏