🐾 II - The Cheetah Kingdom 🐾

Hi, guys! It's mangoxv, the author. Don't forget the image and playlist above that will guide you throughout the story!

Have a good reading!

***

Echoes of conversation, lively chants, and toasts filled the corridors.

Meanwhile, Julie was staring at the bedroom's window, provided by the ruler, the most luxurious one after his. The golden and silky curtains of the bed reflected the moonlight as the flowers, adorning the balcony, spread an aphrodisiac essence. Beyond the great walls of the Cheetah kingdom, peace ruled over everything. The landscape harmony went from the dunes to the dry creeping herbs. The sparkling water of the sporadic oases of Marqata's Desert revealed itself as a treasure. The starry sky gave it a sense of paradise.

Knock knock.

The fearful girl turned. Two unique sapphire eyes peeked timidly through the doorway, piercing the gloom. Julie immediately knew who it was.

"Miss Mael!"

She could feel a bit more relaxed. Mael was one of the few women Julie saw in the Cheetah kingdom. The woman smiled, walking into the room.

"Good evening, mighty Julie."

"Please, call me just Julie.". The girl requested, uncomfortable, and the lady graciously nodded. "Something happened?"

"The royal banquet is about to start." she grabbed a leather cord. "I came here to help you. Turn around."

Mael threaded the cord into Julie's golden scales corset and pulled hard, then repeated the process.

"Why are there almost no women in this place?"

The young girl noticed the prevalence of men when she first crossed through the rock walls.

"In our species, the males tend to aggregate in an area, our realm. Females usually spread over a very vast area. They are alone, hunting, or raising the cubs. I would like them if I was not in this situation."

"Why?"

"I am Prince Hemraj's promised wife, so I must stay in the kingdom."

"Wife!? Is he not too young to marry?" Julie asked, surprised.

"The cheetahs grow fast, marry young, and have children. I think he is just about to be at the right age."

"Woah... How old are you two?"

The girl could see the age gap between both, disguised slightly by Mael's youthful looks.

"The Prince is 16-years-old, I am 22."

"That's... strange."

The lady giggled, visibly amused.

"Where do humans live, Julie?" Mael asked with her blue eyes sparkling. Confinement in the realm was growing immense curiosity in the lady, especially about the world beyond the walls.

"I think we live everywhere."

"How interesting!" Mael placed a green velvet cloak on Julie over the long white dress. The tiara's copper, the necklace's rubies, and the golden scales of the corset sparkling in the moonlight gave her a distant aura. "There are truly humans everywhere?"

"Yeah! There are humans in the city, in the countryside, in the sea, in the mountains, everywhere!" The lady smiled with the girl's excitement.

"By your description, humans remind me of mice!"