Summer evenings...and vollyballs

"Honey you have to come inside soon, it's getting dark!"

"Gimme a few more minutes pleaseee!" You called after your dad, receiving your volleyball high into the air, your arms getting sore.

Your dad shakes his head and laughs,

"Okay kiddo! 10 more minutes!" shutting the back door behind him.

Just as you wave to him, the ball hits your head with a bump, "Ow!" You rub your head pouting, "Aahh I could've beat my high score!"

Summer break was coming to an end, and you were about to start middle school, and you were super excited for it.

The summer wind blew through your h/c shoulder length hair, your eyes looking up at the red and orange sky.

Spacing off to think about pokemon, something hit your head, "ouch! Was that a pokeball?!"

To your disappointment, it was not a pokeball, but another volleyball. -I don't think I own another vollyball, who's is this?- you wondered, looking around.

Noises which sounded like someone climbing came from the fence next door to you, and a boys head popped up from behind the fence, startling you.

"Ah, sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" The boy smiled, his arms gripping on tightly to the fence to stop him from falling, "umm, can I get my balk back please?"

His black hair swayed in the wind, the light from the red fairy lights on your fence illuminating his face, a smiling boy gazing back at you.

"Yeah sure! Get down from there though, it's dangerous! My dad says not to climb fences, well only if you are running from someone, then you can!" You you began to ramble, and laughed, making the boy laugh too, and he got down from the fence.

You pulled on one of the panels on the fence, creating a hole big enough for you to squeeze through, picking up the ball and handing it to the boy.

"I'm y/n Haruki, what's yours?"

"I'm Kuroo, Kuroo tetsurou!"

The boy replied, taking back the ball happily. "Will your parents mind if you are here?" The boy known to be kuroo questioned, looking back at the hole in the fence.

"I'm sure he won't mind, besides! I have a new friend now, he will be happy that I'm finally making friends!"

"Friends...yeah! We are friends now!"
Kuroo's bank door opened, revealing a tall black haired woman, who you guessed was his mum.

"Tetsurou, honey, it's time to—oh? Who's this pretty young lady? Are you from next door my dear?"

The woman looked over at you, a smile gentle and warm spread across her face.

"Um, yes ma'am! I'm y/n Haruki, we just moved here a week ago, it's nice to meet you!" You stuttered, fumbling over your words in an attempt to be respectful.

"Well aren't you sweet! Tetsurou, tomorrow we should go round next door to introduce ourselves, what do you think?"

Kuroo beamed, "can dad come too?!" He spoke excitedly, his eyes sparkling.

His mother turned to look into the house, facing a male figure who u assumed was Kurro's dad, and he nodded.

"I'm sure your dad can take a little break from work, right?"

The male figure made his way to the back door, greeting the three in the back garden.

"Yeah, of course I'm going to come welcome the neighbours to the town! What person would I be if I didn't?" He laughed, smiling at his wife, pecking her on the cheek, his other arm wrapped around her.

"Come testsu, its getting late now, say bye to your friend!"

Kuroo turned towards you, "bye Haruki! See you tomorrow!"

"Bye, kuroo-san! See you!" You waved back at your friend as him and his parents went inside, hearing kuroo say to his father, "will you help me receive tomorrow dad? Will you?!" "We will see, kid."

"You sighed, climbing back through the hole in the fence to your garden, your mum coming out from the back door.

"Now where has you been missy? Time for pjs!"

She swooped you up, making you giggle as you headed indoors, and replied,

"Mummy, I made a friend!"