Chapter 11

ᐧ⭑⋇⭑ᐧ

Shit, shit, shit! I totally overslept! Something like this only happens to me! Hectically I put on my uniform, leave the tie open and hang it only around my neck. I quickly comb my hair and slip into my shoes. As I run out, I pull my backpack behind me and straighten my tie as I walk. It's true, I look like something out of a horror movie right now, but I don't care. Oh no. What if Tendou sees me like this? I take out my phone and use it as a mirror. There's probably nothing great I can do about it now. Completely lost in thought, I'm fixing my hair when I suddenly bump into someone. "Oh Tendou, I'm sorry!" I apologize. "Don't be sorry about that. Did you oversleep?" Oh man, is it that obvious? "Yes, unfortunately." He grins and takes my hand. I don't actually want us to walk together holding hands, but for some reason I feel comfortable. The thought of it automatically puts a smile on my face. "Honey, is it true that you used to play volleyball?" I widen my eyes in shock. How does he know that? "Eh, long story. Lies in the past." I try to stay away from that subject. I don't want him to know about it, there's a reason I don't play it anymore. And now is not the time to talk about something like that. "Too bad, I'd like to hear more about it. You know, we also have a girls volleyball team-" "No!" I interrupt him and give him a serious look. I want him to know that I have a problem with this. Tendou seems confused at my reaction. "Then don't." He says and shrugs his shoulders. I don't want to join the team, that would make me really uncomfortable. But I've put the past behind me. Telling the whole story would take a lot of time and let emotions boil up. Exactly what I want to avoid right now. I'm here to start over. "But we need to throw some balls." He adds with a grin. Annoyed, I roll my eyes. "Well, if we have to ..."

After we get through the first few hours of math, I decide to go to the cafeteria and get something to eat. I forgot to make myself something. "That will be 300 yen." Says the lady behind the counter as she hands me the food. I reach into my pocket to pull out my wallet and realize I don't have it with me. Great, I must have forgotten it at home. "Sorry, I don't have my money on me." "No money, no food." The old lady shrugs, but at that moment someone else holds the money out to her. "I'll pay." "Tendou, you don't have to." "I want to, though. I'm not going to let you starve, am I?" I grin. "Okay, thanks." Together we sit down at a table. "I really owe you a lot." I realize that he really has helped me a lot so far. Let's ignore the incidents when I was at his house. "How about you join the volleyball team for me?"  He suggests with a big grin. Annoyed, I look up at him. "You can't be serious ... you can ask anything of me, but the only thing you want me to do is join the team?" He nods. "Sure." I roll my eyes in response. "We'll see." "Please, y/n, that's all you owe me." "You don't even know how I play volleyball." "Well, I kind of know. Videos on the internet." "Wait, what?-"

ᐧ⭑⋇⭑ᐧ