1

Beep
Beep
Beep

I opened my eyes to find a heart monitor.

Beep
Beep
Beep

"How are you doin' doll? I see your awake again."

Beep
Beep
Beep

My slow breath hitched as I heard the voice of the man I only knew as doctor.

Beep
Beep
Beep

"I guess I can unstrap you now. You know the drill though, no getting up for a couple hours."

Beep
Beep
Beep

The beeping sped up as he got closer. But I kept looking at the ceiling, to scared to look him in the eyes. Even though they held the possession something I could only think of... comfort and satisfaction, maybe ever pure and utter joy.
I laughed a little.

Beep
Beep
Beep

Normally the only look that my eyes held were emptiness and whenever I found myself accompanied by someone they always seemed to hold another emotion... fear.

Beep
Beep
Beep

"D- Doctor", my voice spoke just barely loud enough for him to hear. Here it goes,
"w- when... when do you think that I'll be able t- to... to go?" The last part was barely louder than the sound of the fly buzzing around in the globe of the light.

Beep
Beep
Beep

"I already told you," he tightly grasped my arm, causing me to hasten my dead eyes towards him. "you're-

/— ☾—/

You shot up in your bed as tears threatened to make their way down your face. "No I'm not!"

'your sick!'

The voice in your head, or maybe it had been your quirk too, spoke again; causing you to hold your arm where doctor had.

As your hearing finally started to work again you heard the same beeping again, but it seemed to be much faster. Stupid f 'ing alarm.

You resisted the urge to harm it in someway, knowing that if you did you would have to hear from your guardians later. You got up out of your bed, wiping away the tears that were about to flood out.
You refused to let yourself cry over something that took place back when you were around the age of six and had been, ever so often that specific memory, been replayed on loop.
Stupid f 'ing quirk.

You made your way over to the bathroom and brushed your teeth and hair, putting it into its usual style.

-*-

7:05, the clock read as you grabbed your phone. "Goodbye."
You whispered to the empty house as you left the door to go on your morning run and to pick up Bakugo.

Bakugo lived just a couple blocks away so you always found yourself sitting on his house's walkway, waiting for him to come out so you could walk with him.