Family Is Everything

"Allie, honey hurry up! Delaney is going to be here any minute and I swear if I have to hear Franky bitchin again cause we were late-"

"I'm here, I'm here. Calm down." Allie says as she puts her coat on, struggling a little with her eight, almost nine months pregnant belly.

Bea smiles sweetly at Allie as she struggles, moving to help her wife. But as she moved closer, she stepped on one of nicky's toy cars.

"Ah fuck! Sonvabitch!"

The door opens and nicky's nanny comes into the room, to a cussing redhead, a laughing pregnant woman and nicky scream laughing down the hall.

"Hey guys! Everything okay." Delaney asks as she takes in the minor mess she just walked into.

"Deeee!" Little nicky yells as he sees his nanny.

"Hey Delaney, hes been fed and bathed. But we should be back before midnight." Allie says through her giggles from laughing at her wife.

Bea just waved a hand as she limped down the hall to retrieve her boots and jacket.

"Okay, great! Um is she okay." The younger woman asked as she moves and picked up the two year old, making him laugh as she gave the little boy a raspberry on his cheek.

"Yeah shes fine, shes just crabbing. Frankys been winding her up all week." Allie says as she leans on the back of the couch on one hand with her other rubbing her back.

"Yeah Frankys known for that." Delaney says as she sets the boy down and takes her coat off. "How are you? How much longer before the little Bub comes?"

"Five more weeks then nicky gets another brother." Allie says with smile.

Bea comes around the corner putting her leather jacket on. She picks up nicky and kisses the boy and then turns to Delaney.

"Moneys on the fridge for dinner and no boys. Other then that you know what to do."

"Yes ma'am, and thank you Bea."

Bea smiles as she moves to Allie and straightens out her hood on her jacket. "Well see you later, call if anything goes wrong!" Allie says as she follows Bea out the door.

As soon as the door closes, Delaney sighs a little and then turns to the little boy in front of her. He was dressed in his motorcycle Pjs, his hair sticking up in all directions, he looked cute but mischievous. She watches the boy look at her and then smile sneakily as he takes off down the hall in a dead run for a two year old.

"Oh christ!" Delaney whispers as she takes off after the little boy.

He was known to be ornery and down right sneaky for his age. And she sure it was because of his aunt Boomer and aunt Franky. Shes met the two, she knows how they are, hell Franky outright asked her out. In front her wife! Bridget just rolled her eyes as she swatted at Franky and then turned to her and apologized for her wife antics. She loved working for the family. Becoming good friends with each member of the oddball group.

Her and Maxine always would discuss the latest in cosmetics, while she gave boomer and Franky a run for their money in poker. Her mum was good at poker, so sue her, the two dont need to know! But ultimately she enjoyed her job working for the Novak-Smiths. Allie was the friendlier one out of the two, Bea was always a little standoffish or just quiet. Allie told her it wasnt her, it's just hard for the older woman to trust anyone that wasnt their family, and especially hard for her to trust anyone around her son. Which Delaney understood that. Every family she worked with was different, but one thing that was the same. Was the wariness that came with trusting someone new with their kid.