Jumped, then I changed my mind

I could feel the chilly breeze brushing past my ears. There are people around me and people beneath me, all telling me to calm down. Unusual, but my parents weren't fighting. I looked down. A crowd has formed under my feet, all watching me to make my next move, jump.

The force of gravity pulled me down. I could feel my shirt being torn as both my parents reached out over the ledge to grab me, preventing my death. At this minute I saw the stranger again, looking at me. Luckily, she was a second too late. I am now plummeting down towards the ground.

Thoughts raced back and forth through my mind; I heard my parents screaming at each other in the dead night. My father was drunk as always. I have never seen him without a wine bottle in his hand ever since my grandmother died. She was always there for me. When I was sick, when I was happy and when I was upset.

I guess these happy memories have faded gradually, like a roaring wave nearing shore. I have let depression overcome me again, in the last minute of my life. When this monster first visited me, I tried to control it, but then it all became too much for me. Today, the monster has swallowed me whole, and forced me to make a decision in my short life which can never be reversed.

Tears sprung into my eyes as I came back to reality, remembering the time when I bungee jumped. It was fun, but at that time I thought the jump would be better without a safety gear.

My hair was flying all over my face. It was a mess. I saw a familiar face peering over the ledge and it looked at me right in the eyes, through my flying hair. I would have cared more about my appearance if I knew my ex-boyfriend would be watching me. The horrid expression on his face seemed fake. He never loved me. No one ever loved me. Except for my grandmother.

At this idea, I knew depression had visited me again. Just a few seconds before my body would become a puppet. No heart. No soul. No spirit. As dead as ever could be.

"You will always be our little baby", a stranger had whispered to me the day I was born. I could see the joy in her eyes as I clenched onto her index finger. Another stranger looked down at me, and I saw happiness in his eyes too.

The two strangers then welcomed me into their home and that's where I was introduced to the feeling of love. If I knew my life was going to end so fast, I would have never bothered to come to Earth. I could save the pain the stranger had to go through when she gave birth to me. If only I knew...

Then I remembered when the two strangers had risked their own lives to save me from a car accident. Fortunately, no one was hurt. A pang of guilt hit me hard in the chest. The strangers had tried to risk their own lives saving me and now I'm here destroying myself.

I want the strangers back. The strangers that loved me. Not my mother or father who fights every night. Not my parents who just cared about grades and what other people think of me.

Pain shot through my whole body. The devil has come to take me away. He has saved me from depression. As I drifted away towards the sky I could see my parents crying on the edge of the building where I had jumped.

"Let's go be with our baby girl", the stranger said. Then together, hand in hand, the two strangers, had also jumped off the high building and landed in my blood, next to my puppet body. It was surreal.

Two other devils led their spirits to where I am now, we greeted each other, hugged and together walked up towards the Gate of Heaven.

If I knew this would be the ending, I would never have jumped. I have killed two people because of my inability to control my depression, and these two strangers who have died today with me, are the ones who brought me life to this world.