The last two Months

Prologue:

I placed myself on the cold metal white chair with my little boy Kieran in my lap. He looked so peaceful sleeping. His long dark eyelashes were exactly like his - they delicately sat on the skin at the bottom of his eyes. His brown hair was spiked up – something he always used to do. His tan skin shone under the light.

Placing a light, feather like kiss on his forehead I cuddled him to myself. I’ve accepted the fact that I’m not going to be here in 2 Months but I can’t seem to grasp  the fact that I’m going to be leaving my little boy without a Mum.

With a sigh I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment; these kind of moments I hold dearly in my heart. These are the kind of moments that I live for; these are the moments that I’m going to miss the most.

Looking at the TV screen where the flights were displayed I noticed that the flight to England was now boarding.

“Come on Kieran, wake up” I whispered, lightly shaking his shoulders

“No” he moaned, in his sleep

“You can go to sleep in the Aeroplane, you’ve got 21 hours” I grinned. I held in an ‘Aww’ as I watched him rubbing his eyes with his little fists.

“Come on then baby” I grinned, holding my hand out for him to take

“I’m not a baby Mummy” he mumbled, grumpily following after me

“Oh, I forgot you’re a big boy now aren’t you” I smiled, walking over to gate 9.

-22 hours later-

“Mummy I’m cold” said Kieran

“Welcome to England” I laughed, walking over to the Taxi’s.

“Where to?” asked the Taxi Driver, hauling our suitcases into the boot.

“Manchester please” I smiled, sitting in the back with Kieran next to me.