7) Welcome Party

"Those are the things that we cannot mimic."

---

After giving everyone time to settle on the island, I decided to throw the welcome party. In the midst of everything that has been going on, I wanted to give everybody something to be happy about. For the Morrones, life has been pretty stressful and we are all going to end up crashing if we don't take time for ourselves. 

This could be our final time celebrating and I want to make the most of it.

"Has anybody ever told you how peaceful you look when you asleep?" My eyes flicker to my left where Raquel is sitting with her head resting on her knees as she just stares at me. 

"I sleep alone so no."

After my small breakthrough with Raquel, we have spent the last two nights in bed together. We have had a few makeout sessions but most of our time is spent analyzing eachothers features before falling asleep. I usually let her believe that I am asleep so that I can take the time to really take in her imperfections.

Those are the things that we cannot mimic.

Something must be disturbing Raquel as she sleeps because she has rapid eye movement during her second hour of sleep. It's a pattern that I have picked up on over the last two nights which leaves me wondering if something occurred at this specific time. By the third hour, her left leg shakes for a twenty seconds as her body tenses up before she completely relaxes.  

"It's beautiful." She mumbles under her breath as she lets her hair fall infront of her face, hiding her expression from me.

"Now that you know what I look like when I sleep..." I allow a teasing smile to cross my face. "Will that stop you from killing me in my sleep?"

I may sound playful but I'm deadly serious. There was a moment when I felt her presence really close to mine before I began to slowly 'wake' up.

"I'm not a killer." Raquel pulls her face to the side so that I can see more of it. 

"Neither am I." 

Raquel turns her head to face the side but not before I notice the way her right eye twitches. It's the small details that matter and I think that I just found something.

"Look at me." The words come out rather deep as I slowly lift my body up to meet hers.

I wrap my hand around her neck, pulling her face close to mine before I press my lips to hers

I wrap my hand around her neck, pulling her face close to mine before I press my lips to hers. I was hoping for something slow and passion filled but Raquel has other ideas as she feverishly moves her lips against mine.

Her body clings to mine like a child which has me furrowing my brows as I slide my hand to the back of her neck, keeping her in place.

"You're being rough." I joke as she scratches my back.