Vera

Red lantern and student at superhero high, Vera was in her room getting ready for school the next day. It was 5:00.

"Hmm." Vera said as she laid out her books.

Suddenly, the superhero alarm went off. Batgirl ran into Vera's room.

"Vera!" She cried. "Odd, huge, rage-filled monster attacking the city."

"On my way!" Vera cried.

As Vera flew to help the other heros, she thought back to her first days at superhero high.

Then, she had been an unsure student who believed that, because everyone else thought she was evil, she was destined to be. She had tried to isolate herself from her closest friends so she wouldn't harm them.

But after her new friends had encouraged her and saved the day from Sinestro, she became herself at the school and now had a lot of good friends, though she wasn't very social.

As Batgirl (in her jet) and Vera arrived at the site of the Monster attack, Vera was rushed by the anger she got from the creature. As a red lantern, she could feel others' anger and what it was about.

The monster in question was basically a giant Turtle that was blue and had sharp spikes protruding from every inch of its body. It had flat teeth and a long, thin tongue. It was slow, but it kept whacking into things like buildings, especially with its long tail.

"Yo Red! Babs!" Harley called from the ground with Ivy.

"What do we know about this monster?" Batgirl asked.

"It is angry over...a great injustice." Vera said.

"Wow Reddy, what it is?" Harley asked.

"Hmm...Lena Luthor captured him from his own dimension...and brought him here to make him a walking monster infused with kryptonite, but he escaped.

He's peaceful, but he feels threatened by...all of the humans around. They've hurt him even though he has done nothing." Vera explained.

"Oh, the poor thing!" Poison Ivy said. "How could Lena be so cruel?"

"How can we stop it without hurting it?" Batgirl asked.

"Like this." Vera said as she and the monster were both surrounded in a red glow.

"What's old red head doing?" Harley asked.

"A link of rage. A red lantern can form a link with other living things in rage and communicate with them." Ivy explained.

"You know that how?" Batgirl asked.

"My plants anger management classes." Ivy said.

Suddenly, other heros showed up.

"Is Vera okay?" Supergirl asked.

"Yeah, she's sorta talking to the creature." Batgirl explained.

"Vera can talk to Animals? Yeah Mama!" Beast Boy cried.

"Miss Martian," Vera said to the last hero. "Read our shared link so you can tell the others what the plan is."

Miss Martian joined the link.

What can I do? The Monster asked.

We can help. Vera said. My friends will lead you to a special place at our high school where we deal with Alien creatures. We will find a way to get you home.

Okay. Thank you.

Miss Martian relayed the message. As the red halo around the two vanished, the monster turned to the other heros. Supergirl flew up to it.

"I'll lead you. Follow me, but be careful." She said.

The monster looked to Vera, who nodded her head.

Vera stayed at the behind of the monster while the other led at the front. She wanted to make sure it didn't make more damage by mistake and then planned to head back to her room when the monster's retreating tail whacked her into a building in an alley.

While she made a deep hole in said building, it didn't cause any dangerous damage.

And that is where Vera spent the night: unconscious in a hole in the wall with no one realizing she was gone.