- 🖇 :: 𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐟𝐞 「ˢᵘⁿᵃ」

summary: you take Suna to the your favorite cafe and he meets a new friend of yours.
pairing: Suna x fem!reader
genre: established relationship; fluff, fluff, fluff!!!
wc: 1.3k words
a/n: this is the first time i've written for Suna and im not sure if i got the characterization right but i wanted to give it a try!! i hope you like it and thanks for requesting bb!

3k wordsa/n: this is the first time i've written for Suna and im not sure if i got the characterization right but i wanted to give it a try!! i hope you like it and thanks for requesting bb!

"You are the absolute cutest, aren't you?" You coo, smooshing the face of the dog happily wagging his tail at your affection in between your palms. The dog cafe wasn't very far from your house and it was one of your favorite spots to go, irregardless of your mood. You mostly walked to the quaint cafe alone since your friends didn't live as close as you did. But today was different because-

"You mean, you come to this place just to talk to dogs like they're babies? I though you said we'd get school work done." Your boyfriend sits on the other side of the table with crossed arms and a deadpan expression on his face.

"These dogs," you emphasize, holding up the dogs head to face Suna, "Motivate me."

"Uh-huh," he hums, flicking his eyes from you and the dog, back to the open notebook in front of him. A few moments pass of Suna doing his work quietly and you giving your utmost affection to the happy golden retriever named honey.

You're surprised you managed to convince your boyfriend during the walk home on one of his off days from volleyball practice to come along with you. You weren't expecting a yes - although it was a begrudging yes since all he wanted to do was go to his room and sleep - but you were practically skipping through the streets when he accepted.

(Suna makes a mental note to accept more of your invitations if he were to receive that reaction from you every time.)

"Is this why you're always staying up all night to finish your homework?" Suna asks when he looks back up to check on you.

"No..." you trail off, smile morphing into a pout. "...maybe."

"I'm not surprised. At least let me help you, dummy-"

"Y/N!" One of the workers near the counter, jabs her thumb in the back corner of the cafe. "Rin's awake."

Suna's body freezes as he watches the grin spread across your face and you jump up from your seat.

"Rin?" Suna repeats what the barista had said.

"Mhm," you hum, happily skipping toward the back of the cafe, smoothly maneuvering between people in your way. "He's my favorite~"

Suna furrows his eyebrows in disbelief, wondering why on earth there was a dog at the cafe you were at with his nickname. And he was your favorite? It couldn't be a coincidence.

Suna decides to follow you, curiosity getting the best of him, trailing after you with that same disinterested expression on his face.

When you reach the back, you happily call out, "hey Rinrin," with that dazzling smile of yours that took all of everything Suna had to not to look like a flustered mess. Laying down in the corner was a black labrador, glancing around the shop with half open eyes. At the sound of your voice, his head lifted slightly and tilted his head, acknowledging your presence. He lifts his head so you can get better access to pet him and scratch him behind the ears.