Chapter 8 - Feeling Thoughts

Looks like you have some thoughts over your next work shift.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Ai the manager at the convenient store was going through inventory by the counter as you walked passed her to punch in. She looked over her shoulder. "Hey you. How's it going?"

"Alright I guess." You were trying to avoid the question.

"Alright? Doesn't sound good to me. What's up boy?" That seemed flirty. Like an inviting, cuddly way to put it. 

"Well Ai that uh-" You saw Ai give you this smirk. She read straight through you.

"Girls. Right. You've said before. So what did you come up with boy?"

"Well it's complicated." You try to reason your way out of this.

"All women are complicated."

"That's not what I meant Ai. I'm cutting off Jessa. But I think I came to my sense on someone better. It hit me the other day."

Ai grabbed a seat behind the front counter. Tapping the seat of another seat next to her. "Come here. Let me help."

You knew there was no avoiding this. It was going to be a long night if you didn't. "Okay Ai." You shrugged your shoulders and grab a seat. "So I was telling the others this. You as well. But a short girl I think I might have a thing for."

"She making a visit?" Ai winked at you. 

"I don't think so. She had this cold she is trying to get over. I picked up some stuff for her and her mother let me in the apartment. Talked briefly and that was about it."

"Hana right? Any thoughts if she is that adorable waitress?"

"Cute too. Yeah. I can't lie I kind of wondered if I should weigh the thought."

Ai scoffed. "What do you mean weigh the thought? Come on. I hate when men do that. Do you like her or not? Why play around if she's sweet?"

"I don't want to hurt her. And I don't know if she's even interested either. It's not a pity thing, I just don't want to mess anything up. I like Shin and Hana. I like the fun nights together. Days at the cafè. I mean-"

"You're fine Hun." Assured Ai. "Just don't overthink. And at least no matter if you try or not the girl cares. That other woman you mentioned had the vibes of me not liking her."

"Hated Jessa?" You asked.

Ai pouted. "She didn't appreciate the shouta."

"Really... Shouta?" You blushed.

"You're the youngest. The girl you like is short."

"Oh boy..." You sighed. "Moy's met her. Ask him I guess."

"You know what? I will." She giggled.

"Crap..."

~~~~~

The next day passed. Work went on a little uneasy with Ai on your case about lady troubles. But then something happened when you woke up. It was from Halo meowing. That was the first step. She was gentle and pleasant to be around, but she was trying to get your attention. As you turned over in bed and opened your eyes she was trying to reach for the nightstand. 

"Hey girl." You let out a yawn. "What is it?"

The cat meowed and proceeded to claw the air. But with the upwards direction to the nightstand, it seemed that she was trying to tell you something. 

"What's here?" You grab your phone and see that you have one message. 8:34.

Hana

Hey (FN). I just wanted to say thank you. I feel a lot better. I was just taking a precaution. Looks like it was just a few sniffles. But I really appreciate everything. Is there any chance you can stop by again? The two of us and my mom having miso soup? I don't work today and don't know your schedule. I just thought you might be sleeping in since you worked last night. Call me if you can.

"Halo?" You watch the cat jump into your bed and snuggle up to you. "You were trying to tell me something. I take it that you like her? Okay. I get you." Then you look at the corner of your phone to see the time. "About 10:15. Well girl let me give you some food. I know I got fish for you."

You head into the kitchen as Halo is getting excited. This cat is graceful and loves being around people. Pleasant to be around. Her eyes sparkled as it was feeding time. As you headed to the fridge to grab the fish you dialed Hana to see what was up. 

< Hello? >

"Hey Hana. Morning."

< Morning. How you feeling? Still tired? >

"No. It was about time for me to get up. Halo was hungry and was pointing to my phone to answer it."

< Was she really? >

"Yeah. I thought it was she was hungry but she pointed towards my phone and the only message I had was from you."

< Oh? Alright. So you thinking lunch? >

"You know it. Thank you in advance. You and your mother are really good to me."

< Like you aren't? After want to study for a bit to make it easier for tomorrow? >

"Yeah, sure thing. What else? Should I bring anything?"

< Just your books. What else do you need? >

You look down. The right answer was pants. For starters. "Okay then. See you soon Hana. Let me take care of things here and I will head over. Need to catch the train."

< See ya. Bye now. >

You hang up with her. "Phew."

*Meow*

"I get it... But at least you're not jealous of her. Though I will say, thank you for liking Hana and not Jessa. Otherwise I'd probably be still dating that girl. But hey maybe she needs an older business man."

Halo was eating her fish quietly. 

"That's a good girl. And I guess I will get dressed and get to her immediately. I'll need you're approval when I get out of my room. This is officially important Halo. I can't blow this opportunity in front of me." You start pacing around. "I need ideas. I need to collect thoughts. I need to-" Your phone vibrated on the counter. You decided to check it.

Ami

Hey you.

How are you and Uzaki doing? Hmmm?

"I need to get my head checked..."

~~~~~

Don't we all?

-Rel