chapter 9

(Kate's point of view )

After Allison bursted into the room, Ameilia quickly got herself off of me. For a moment I could see complete panic in her eyes but then she went back to her glossy eyes that showed no emotions. She thought for a second and then she gently took my arm and led me out the door and down the stairs.

I was glad that I was out of the attic but the reason I was leaving was not the best. I looked around the house as she was leading me through it. I couldn't help but feel saddened, the only thing I could find a trace of a loving atmosphere in this place was a deck of cards on a old table. I feel saddened that Ameilia was so young but she probably never grew up around a loving home.

With her being in a gang, the atmosphere was always so uptight and the only time it wasn't was when they played card games late at night to pass time. I didn't know the details of Amelia's background but she never brings up her past to me. She only brought it up to me once when I first met her and it was about me. I knew I liked ameilia as I just admitted it to myself a few minutes ago but it was hard when she was so isolated.

As we moved more through the house I saw more and more new faces. Each person I met hand a hand gun in their hands. Everyone was on edge from what Allison had just told us a few moments ago. Some of them had very obvious knifes in their heavy boots and others had guns strapped over their shoulders. I saw one guy with a deck of cards which made me really curious. This person had no weapons and was just holding a deck of cards.

Ameilia pulled me to a room and then pulled out a little silver key out of her back pocket. She carefully and slowly unlocked the door and led me inside. When we got in a looked around the room full of guns. The guns were behind little windows that you slid up to grab. I looked around in fear as the flashbacks of what made me parentless came to my mind.

"I'm going to give you a gun to protect yourself okay?" Ameilia said as she slid up one of the windows and pulled out a small hand gun.

"I-i don't want to touch that thing" I stuttered out with fear evident on my face.

"I know I know" ameilia said and then carefully came over and pulled me in a soft hug.

She hugged me softly but loving like. She rubbed my back softly with the hand that didn't have the gun. She whispered sweet words in my ear. I felt her hot breath touch my ear and run down my neck. This small action was all it took to calm me down. When she knew I was calm enough she lifted my head with both of her hands and then stared in my eyes softly.

I flinched a bit from the cold metal of the gun touching my cheek but I looked back into her eyes. She searched my eyes from something and then moved her thumb to my lip and pulled down a bit to separate my lips a bit. I hadn't realized until now but I was biting my lip before.

Once my lips were free of my teeth her thumb rubbed softly over my bottom lip. She softly moved her hand back to my cheek and placed the softest but most caring kiss on my lips. I felt like I was floating when she kissed me softly like this. I felt all my fears and worries leave my body as she kissed me like this. I didn't want this to end.

"Kitten, I need you to be brave right now okay?" She asked after she pulled away slowly from my lips.

"Okay, i-ill be brave" I said while staring into her eyes still.

"When someone comes near you, you hold this gun with both hands and aim at their chest or head. I'll be by your side to help you" ameilia said as she handed me the gun and kissed the top of my head.

"I don't want to kill anyone..." I said through my shaky lips.

"I'll try to make sure you dont have to okay" she said and then put the gun in my hands.