REMEMBRANCE- oneshot

This is an au where Asta met Leibe at a young age.

"Leibe? That's your name?" A young boy with ash blond hair, a black headband, and tattered clothes said.

The boy looked around, the room, or space, covered in red. The only other thing there was a strange horned person, or thing, right in front of him.

"Am.. am I asleep right now?" The boy said.

A figure, shot, and with white hair, marking around its face and a black body frowned. "Yeah. I'm inside your consciousness." 'This is the last time I've been, you know.. Awake since Lichita put me inside the 5 leaf grimoire.' it thought.

"Well judging by your voice, it seems like you're a dude. Hey, hey! You look really cool! Where did those markings come from?" The boy said.

"What's your name? Brat." The figure, Leibe, said.

"My name's Asta! From Hage Village!" Asta said, proudly.

"I'm 9 years old!" Asta added.

"Why are you being so happy? It's annoying. I could kill you for all you know." Leibe said.

"You don't seem like a bad guy! You would've killed me by now." Asta says, smiling and pointing at him.

The devil is taken back, assaulted with a memory of Lichita, apparently a petite woman looking almost identical to Asta.

Leibe snaps out of it quickly.

Leibe smirks. "Hey now, since you're inside the 5 leaf grimoire.. I could make a contract with you that would activate when you're 15."

"A contract? I don't know what that word means but cool! What do we do? And why does it activate when I'm fifteen? That's like a bajillion years from now. Can we do it no-'' Asta gets cut off by Leibe.

"Stop asking so many questions." Leibe said, tired of the loud boy. Leibe sighed. "A contract is an agreement between people. Do you get me now?"

"Uh.. Yeah!" Asta said smiling.

Leibe sighed. There was no hope for him.

"Well? I don't wanna wait till I'm 15! Yuno has awesome wind magic and I have none!" Asta pouted.

'No magic?..' The devil thought.

"I'm only willing to make a contract with you because later on you might come in contact with another devil."

"What do I need to do to get this contract?" Asta said excitedly.

"Give me a body part in exchange." The devil looked at Asta with a feral smile.

"Why do I need to do that! I like having all my body parts in one piece.." Asta muttered, shivering.

"You'll know soon enough. I'm tired of listening to your annoying voice. Bye."

"W-wait!"

Leibe let go of Asta's consciousness.

____________________________________________________

Asta woke up, blue light surrounding him as Sister Lily had tried to heal him.

"Asta! You wouldn't wake up when we tried to wake you up! We thought you were dead!" Recca said, holding a toddler Nash.

"Asta! Are you okay?" Yuno said, after promising not to cry, he's grown into a deadpan face.

"I'm fine, Yuno! You all don't have to worry about me too much!" Asta yelled with a big grin.

'I'll be waiting.' 

493 words.