Past Life

Yang Meixiang was a known beauty and a talented young lady. She was good at playing guzheng, making poetries and even excellent in embroidering.

Yang Meixiang has been the favoured legal daughter of the Prime Minister Clan. Either she's been the center of jealousy or being loved.

Gu Chuan, the heir of a Marquiz has been promised to marry her. Yang Meixiang became longed for by the Madams in the capital, an ideal daughter-in-law, the admiration of young ladies and an unreachable dream for the young masters.

Yang Meixiang enjoyed being the center of attention and knew her sisters, maternal and paternal cousins has a deep jealousy and hatred for her. She was unbothered as she only saw them eyesore. She socialized well and insulted them but they couldn't even flinch. They couldn't do anything to her as she's the only legal daughter and her sisters were only Shu's, a concubine born children.

The elders in the Yang Clan love her, she was doted by her parents, grandparents, and older brother, Yang Chen. But hated by the younger generation and even compared her to Lin Xue, another "exceptional" young lady who competes to have her title. Yang Meixiang was a little older than her but become a rival in the name of beauty and talent.

Lin Xue was known to be the apple of Gu Chuan's eyes, her fiance. The only flaw of her almost perfect life. That was used against her by her stupid haters to insult her.

At first she didn't pay attention to Lin Xue but as time goes by, Lin Xue's name started to become more charismatic and popular.

A rumor that Lin Xue is secretly seeing her fiance run out her patience. Yang Meixiang started with her little schemes which she did planned well but Lin Xue always proved herself and solved everything making her more popular, adored and admired.

Either young masters and young ladies were drawn to Lin Xue's good reputation but Lin Xue didn't care about it and didn't pay attention to Yang Meixiang that drives her mad.

A plan she initially didn't consider pop to her mind. It is not the usual tricks but to harm, to ruin a woman's reputation. The hatred that needed to released.

Yang Meixiang meticulously planned everything out but when the time comes, a mishap happened. She fell in her own trap and slept with the second male lead, Tang Zhaohui.

As the last favour, her Clan broke the engagement with the Gu's Clan and immediately plan her wedding with Tang Zhaohui. The Prime Minister Household gave the best dowries and her grave shame were kept. A lot of servants and even her most loyal servants were killed making sure that no words will come out.

It was her ultimate downfall and Lin Xue made this to her! Her hatred for the woman escalated.

The household of her husband screams wealth as they were a merchant clan but she was not satisfied with this. The only comfort she feels is that she will not adjust from her original life as the life her husband could give her were more luxurious than when she was living in her maiden home.

Tang Zhaohui hated her and were cruel to her, he love Lin Xue and their mistake cause him to lose the opportunity for Lin Xue.

Always Lin Xue! That hateful bitch who only ruins her life. Yang Meixiang didn't stop from scheming as she has all the resources she needed to plan and execute them.

Lin Xue as the protagonist has the ability to escape whatever bad situations she encountered. Yang Meixiang plans turned into waste and always gone failure. While her husband hated her, he took in concubines who have similarities with Lin Xue driving her more mad.

Yang Meixiang only stop scheming against Lin Xue to scheme with the woman her husband brought home when she found her pregnancy, maybe a new beginning. Though she's been badly treated by her stupid husband despite knowing she's having his child, she still put all her hopes on her unborn child.

Yang Meixiang being a seven month pregnant heard the news that her clan, the Prime Ministers' Clan will be executed with the accusation that her clan supported a rebellion and it was only a week before the execution happened.

Yang Meixiang immediate lost footing, divorced by her husband and forcefully fed a medicinal soup for abortion by her mother-in-law.

Luckily her servant exchange it, they traveled in a month which made her body and health weaker. Her servant caught the sickness from plague and before she died she revealed that she hated her all along and fed her a poison instead of an abortion medicine. Giving her hope she could have a fresh start only to be slap painfully by the truth that it was all a lie. She will die with her hope.

Yang Meixiang suffered from the slow acting potion, day by day, she started to slowly lose her strength and senses.

On a dark cold night, Yang Meixiang gave birth to an infant, a boy. For the first time she regrets everything as she watched her son breathing his first breaths with difficulty, turning purple, and started to take long breathes taking his last. She cried and tried to nurse him but he's turning cold. Her beautiful son, losing his life in his mothers' arm. She wailed but no one heard her, no one helps her. The clan who doted and hated her died, the only person who she only hopes for dies also.

Yang Meixiang loses her sanity, holding her dead baby staring at his beautiful face. The familiarity of his face was unnoticed, her vision darkened after giving birth. she stumbled and fell many times but she screams and threw stones to anyone who tried to approach her fearing that they will snatch her treasured son.

Yang Meixiang crawls to get to her clans' home still holding her child and collapsed in front of the door.

In her last moments, Yang Meixiang memories came flashing through her head, remembering her life before the tragedy, she misses everything. Yang Meixiang caressed her dead son that she was unable to give name to, closing her exhausted eyes, breathes her last.

______________________________________