Prologue

Love is beautiful because it's controlled by the heart. The heart pulls you towards another and suddenly everything changes. It starts off small, wanting to talk to them or see them at any chance that you can get. And suddenly you crave them emotionally, mentally, and physically. So much to the point that you want to share your world with them and you want them to do the same.

Love is patience. Finding it is easy, but putting in the work to ensure that it stays takes time and understanding.

Love is sacrifice. Putting their needs above your own does not seem out of the ordinary, because it will not be. For sacrifice is one of the purest forms of love. The even push and pull is what makes it all worth it.

Love is complex. Without reason, without longing, love can find you in the most unpredictable moments. The emotions, behaviors, and affection that come with it oftentimes can not be put into words. Things you usually hate suddenly seem ok, and no matter how much they may annoy you, you wouldn't trade one irritating moment for the world.

Love is comfort. When things are rough you can turn to them because they are your person. You feel safe, you can be yourself without judgment because they know your heart. Your sense of self has grown through knowing this person without altering yourself spuriously.

Love is cruel. It has a way of playing with your mind. You become jealous, angry, worryful because you don't want to lose them.

Love is chaos. It can completely tear your world apart for the best or the worst. And with the same force it introduced itself,  it can leave.

It should come with a disclaimer because no one tells you that love is pain.

**********
"What do we have?"

"Two gunshot victims. One in stable condition, the other victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the chest and shoulder."

"Vitals?"

"Crashing."