Chapter 3

After three days.

Our house and all its members were drowned in sadness. Nothing was the same. It wasn't easy for us to believe the news about Susan, everyone was convinced by the police that Susan was hunted by a wild animal, not me.

That horror dream was not letting me sleep for the past three days. I felt like I was going insane. A war was going on in my mind. My dream was making more and more restless. I thought of discussing it with Alice but when I went to her, the glumness on her face did not allow me to talk. That was the moment I decided something.

I was alone, walking on the deserted road to the forest. The road ended at a house which marked the end of the village settlement. The deserted house always had something strange about it. From behind it started the forest area. As I was passing the house, I noticed that it was in a dilapidated state.

After walking for a while, I was in the dense area of the forest. The trees were completely still and there was no sound of any creature. The forest got more dense as I was moving forward. I realized that I had seen this place before and began focusing on the nearby trees. 

Suddenly, the dream flushed before my eyes. I realized that this was the place that I saw in my dream. My heart stopped! 

I gathered myself with courage and determination to go behind this enigma. I started inspecting the surrounding area. The sun had faded and darkness was spreading over the forest. Fear was building inside me, but I didn't want to give up. I closed my eyes and sat down to relax.

After a while, I opened my eyes. It was completely dark by then. I removed a flashlight from my backpack and started walking home. All of a sudden, my step faltered. I shone my torchlight at the ground. It was smeared with a red stain that looked like dry blood. I tweaked the gunny and something fell out it. It was a bracelet. Quickly, I picked it up. My hands were trembling and I  was convinced that there was some link between Susan and the dream I saw.

29 days after the news about Susan.

Like every morning, I woke up before Alice and Donna, took a shower, and went to the kitchen to make coffee for me and grandmother. Susan's loss was irreparable and still fresh, but we all were slowly returning back to our daily schedule.

When I went to Alice, she was busy with her work. I decided to talk with her about my dream so that she could help me in solving the mystery. At first, she didn't believe me at all, then I showed her Susan's bracelet and she was baffled. I don't know why, but I've always felt like there was something in that mysterious house, and how it's connected to Susan's death. After much deliberation, she agreed to walk with me. So, Alice and I decided to go to the strange house that day.

It was night time and everyone in the house was asleep. We left quietly through the back door of the house. As we reached near the deserted mansion, we suddenly heard a commotion and we hid ourselves behind the bushes. We saw a large, black car entering the gate and going towards the backside of the house. We waited for some time and then came back home.

I was sitting in my room and thinking about the black car. Why does the black car stop at the backside of the mystery house? Who were they? Were they ghosts? Or creatures from a neighbouring planet? I was deep in thought. Tears rolled down my cheeks as Susan's face came in front of my eyes. A few minutes later, I felt my eyes becoming heavy and I didn't know when I fell asleep.

Author's note:

Hey Guys!! Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed the story. Don't forget to vote and comment. Is there a connection between Susan's murder and the mysterious house? And what do you think about that dream?