Chapter Eight: Would She Admit?

A week went by since they had started to ignore each other completely, they talked to each other just if it was necessary, just for work;nothing more. They hadn't seen each other for a while now, and this irritated Fiona so much.

§

It was in the evening, in a restaurant, when they saw each other again for a work event. Fiona was talking with random people, holding a half empty glass in her right hand, when her look stopped on Lana, who was now coming into the building.

Fiona started smiling as she saw her, but her smile faded as she noticed Lana was with someone, with another woman. She tried to remain calm, after all, she didn't know who she was; it could be her sister, her cousin...

A moment later, Lana got closer to the group, where Fiona was standing as well.

"Good evening, everyone", she smiled at everyone, who replied back with"Good evening" as well.

"Good evening, Miss Winters", Fiona said after a moment.

"Good evening, Miss Goode", Lana said back at her.

"You didn't introduce me to...", she looked at the brunette woman standing next to Lana.

"Oh.. she's Misty, a... friend", she said and looked at her friend.

Misty gave her a smile, "Well, for now..", she winked at Lana, who slightly laughed.

This joke caused Fiona's anger and jealousy, so she turned into the aggressive version of herself. Also she felt something familiar in this mysterious woman, but she couldn't tell why.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Misty", she gave her a smile and shook her hand.

"My pleasure, Fiona Goode", she said, watching her strangely for a moment.

"Lana, could you please come with me for a moment?", Fiona asked her, and she followed without saying anything.

"What's wrong, Fiona?", she asked once they were alone.

"I haven't allowed anyone to bring people out of work", she told Lana annoyed.

"Well, but last time-", she was about to reply, when Fiona stopped her.

"I don't care about last time, I care about now"

"But now I can't just tell her to go back, she'll stay with me anyway"

"Sure. But next time don't forget about it"

"Yeah", she was about to leave when Fiona grabbed her arm.

"What?", she looked at her again.

"Is she just a friend?", she asked her, with a serious expression on her face.