Chap 11: Lied

3rd Person Pov:
A year and a half later, back in [xxx] city:
Sometime in late evening :

After studying for four straight hours for the up coming tests, Katie needed some time out. So she grabbed her phone and flopped on her double bed looking at the old pictures, holding the phone high in air. She smiled as she remembered all the wonderful times with her friends in school. Although in college, Jessica was still with her, and she has new friends, those school days are something else. 

Looking through she came to the only picture she had with him... Her hands started to shake as memories came flooding. All the laughter, all the secret nights, all the silence....all of it. Her smiling face turned into a pain struck one. Remembering everything, she dropped the phone beside her and looked to the other side. With all the memories, tears were not far behind. And alone in her room, she didn't stop them.

Time went by in the quite sniffs. And soon she drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~
"It's beautiful!"  she tells him as she looks the wonderful sight. They were on the hills that were to the north on the town.

"Yeah." he said as he smiled looking at the horizon. "I was just walking around when I thought of coming up here. And when I did, I didn't want to go back...."

"I can understand why. The whole town can be seen from up here and I bet the sunset is spectacular."

"You wanne wait and see. It's really something."

She simply nodded as she sat on the grass. "I wonder how beautiful the nights will be."

"How about we see that too?"

"Nah. They will kill me."

He feel silent after that but he had other plans...

~~~~~~

It was night and Mark and Katie were out in her backyard after everyone had slept. It was  a clear moonlit night. They were stargazing as they did quite frequently after the new year celebrations. Just sitting out in the yard was the best part of their days and both looked forward to it. And luckily neither of their parents had discovered them yet.

Suddenly Mark said," Do you trust me?"

Shocked by the abrupt question, she was taken aback. "Wh-what? Where did that come from?"

"It came from my mind. Now tell me, do you trust me?"

"Why?"

"I need to know. Now say it." he said, a little louder than before.

"Shh. You'll wake them."

"Will you just answer me!" ha said even louder.

"Okay, okay. Yes,i trust you. Happy? Now tell me what's in your mind?"

"Let's go to the hill top. I know the way." he said it like that was the most normal idea to come up with.

"Are you mad?! What if they wake up and find us missing? It's almost a 30 minutes walk and it's through a forest and it's dark. Let's say others don't pose a problem at all, we might get lost! And or bitten by something! You must be mad!" she went on saying and he quietly listened, never interrupting her. Then after she was done, he calming started speaking.

"First, we won't get lost. I did this before and I know the way very well. Secondly, we are taking flashlights and it's full moon. So, no dark. Third, the forest is not so dense and there is a narrow path leading to the top. As for our parents, we are their kids. If we can't fool them, we're a disgrace. And if we walk a little fast then we can cover the distance in 20 minutes and you know that. Besides, don't tell me you don't want to. 'Cause I can see you bite your lips and looking to the side which means you are planning it. "

They hadn't known each other for even a month yet they already knew small things about each other's habits to tell them what they were thinking.

She had a devilish smile on her face as she said,"Get all you need and meet me outside in 5 minutes."

He smiled and nodded and they went in.

~~~~~~~

"I knew it. Sky looks even better from up here." she said panting lightly. They had walked really fast and had covered the path in 15 minutes.

"It's worth the run huh."

"Yep." she said as she sat down to rest her legs. "When did you come here at night? "

"I know my way well enough." he said, casually looking at the stars.

They sat there, silently enjoying themselves. "Hey Mark?" He hummed. "Can we came back here every night?"

Chuckling lightly, he said "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why?" she frowned.

"It's best and safe on full moon nights. So not every time. Besides, what's the point if it's cloudy, right?"

"You are wrong. It'll be the best in New moon nights." she said in all seriousness. "In the next dark night, we'll come up, okay?"

He smiled into his reply, "Sure."

With a content heart, she laid her head on his shoulder and they stayed there for a while longer.
~~~~~

"Suger! Dinner time! Come on!" yelled Mrs. Brown from the kitchen, waking Katie.

She blinked into the realization that that was her dream. Rather a treasured yet painful memory. "You lied..." she whispered to herself. Pulling herself out of bed and into the bathroom, she went on to do what she always did.

With a smiling face and hurting heart...