VIII - Land of the Dead

Hello!

Thank you so much for commenting on the previous chapters, I really appreciate it; it's nice to know that you like the story! It makes me want to write and post it quicker lol. And, I hope you like this one, too!

*

"I've never done that before." Louis said.

Harry and he had been sitting quietly in the darkness for the past ten minutes. Louis had dressed himself and was tying the laces of his bright yellow converses, and Harry was in the opposite corner, playing with the torch light by tracing the borders of each wall with it.

"I had a teacher once when I was eight—he was so handsome." Louis continued, "I think he played football or something, I don't really remember, but I thought I was in love with him."

"Bit old for you, wasn't he?" Harry said.

"He was in his thirties, probably." Louis replied, "Everyone thought he was handsome, even all of the other boys. One day, the teacher didn't show up, and at the time, we didn't know why. He got replaced after that."

"Where was he?"

"Well, I was taken to the police station with my mum, and this nice policeman gave me a lollipop and asked me some questions about the teacher. I was still baby Louis, so I wasn't very helpful." Louis laughed and shifted to tie the laces on the other shoe. "Anyway, a girl who was at the school had started saying things about him to her parents. She didn't understand what she was saying, but it turns out he was a pedophile."

"That's disgusting." Harry said, putting the torch down. "I know it's hard to speak up, but if he knew he was a pedophile, he should've got therapy or some sort of help. It's a disgusting move to act upon it instead."

Harry looked at Louis, then to Louis shoes, and stood up. He walked over and knelt in front of him. "What are you doing? You're getting in a mess."

"I can't see the laces, it's too dark."

Harry took Louis' hands and moved them. Louis watched as Harry untied the triple knot Louis had made, to tie the laces quickly and properly straight after. He stood up again and tucked his raspberry rose hair behind his ear.

"All sorted? Comfortable?"

Louis smiled, tucked the bottom of his trousers into his rainbow socks, and stood up as well. "All done."

Harry looked at his phone and nodded. "Good. Now we can go out. See how well we passed the time! You didn't get bored or upset."

He tickled Louis chin and Louis laughed.

Together, they made sure everything was how they had left it, and walked out of the changing rooms into the main shop. It was once more darker than before as some of the lights that were previously on were now completely off. It felt colder as well, which made Louis shiver.

"Cold?" Harry asked, skipping back down the escalator with Louis following on behind. "What a better place to find you a jumper than the shopping centre."

They wandered through the clothing aisle, to a long rack of brightly patterned knitted jumpers. Harry picked one up and showed it to Louis. It was red with a yellow collar and cuffs, and a large knitted picture of The Gruffalo on it.

"How about this one? It's nice."

Louis poked it, then stroked his finger on it before taking his coat off. He put the jumper over his head and looked at Harry for approval. Harry nodded.

"Suits you well, Louis. Do you like it?"

Louis nodded. Harry smiled and put his hand inside the jumper. He felt around for a moment , much to Louis' confusion, and found the price tag.