CHAPTER ONE

lowercase intended*

[Y/N'S P.O.V]

I had barely touched my food. I completely lost my appetite as a result of my father's outburst at the dinner table. My father, King Caspian, was very well known around the kingdom for his aggression and unappeasable manner, him causing a scene wasn't a rare occurrence. To be completely honest, I can't even remember what this whole flare-up was about, probably something foolish. But, then again I wasn't phased by it. If anything, I'm used to it.

After the fit father had thrown, everyone in the room had fallen into an awkward silence. All that could be heard was the eerie sound coming from the old grandfather clock in the corner of the dining room and the clattering of forks hitting plates from around her. I picked at the meal in front of me.

"May I please be excused, father?" My voice filled the once quiet room. "You've barely touched your food. Think of all the children who won't get to eat tonight." Father snapped out as he turned towards me. "Apologies father, It's just that I'm starting to feel unwell." Yes okay, I probably shouldn't have lied but I couldn't bear being in that room a minute longer. Before Father had the chance to speak up again, my mother, Florence cut him off. "Why don't you go up to the bed, darling? Maybe you'll feel better in the morning" She advised, ignoring the harsh glare she had received from father. "Of course mother, Goodnight everyone" I agreed before pushing in my chair and quickly walked out of the room.

As I walked across the dark halls, a lit candlestick in my left hand. I drifted my hand along with the patterns of the refined wallpaper. I finally reached the door to my bedroom and pushed it open.
I placed the candlestick down on my bedside table and walked up to the window. I unlocked the latch and stepped outside to sit on the ledge. If I squinted my eyes hard enough I could just about see the lights and hear the noises coming from the village that was outside the castle wall. I stared longingly and shivered slightly. I was starting to get hold so I decided to go back inside before I really did become unwell. I stripped off my refined dress and put on my nightie. I pulled the blankets back before blowing out the flickering candle.
The whole room went pitch black and soon enough, I fell asleep.

———————————————————————————
okay so here is the first chapter! please keep in mind this is my first ever book so please don't leave any hate, but constructive criticism if always welcome! wilbur won't be introduced till the 3rd or 4th chapter so stay tuned!