Chapter Five

"I'm sorry, I was just-"

"Don't apologize! You are more than welcome here!" This Celeste girl must've been no more than 24 years old. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, and she sounded so sweet. "You must be starving! Come with me," it was true..so I did.

We walked around for a while passing a bunch of paintings and statues of very sophisticated looking people/wolves.

"So..not to be rude but, who are you?"

"I already told you. I'm Celeste!"

"I know, but what are you doing here? Did you get dragged away too?" She laughed. She was starting to sound too nice, like she was a jack-in-the-box who was ready to kill me at any second.

"No, silly! I'm Mason's sister!" I didn't know who she was talking about, so I gave her a confused look, "The Beta?" Didn't ring a bell. "Okay...you've got a lot to learn." We continued walking.

"Do you live here?" I had to ask.

"Nope, just visiting. Only the Alpha lives here, now you too! The rest of us are just here because of the occasion," this sounded dumb to me because we have been walking for a while now, so why does one person need all of this space?

"What occasion?"

"You! Duh."

"Okay.." I decided to end the conversation there because it was just too weird to continue. We kept walking for like five minutes until we entered a dining room that was at least ten yards long.

"Woah!" I couldn't help but gasp at the scenery.

"I know right? Damian really out did himself with this," a familiar-looking boy said as he sat in on the other end of a long table. It took me a second to catch my breath as I realized that this guy was at the party. "Happy early birthday by the way! Seventeen's a big number." I ignored him.

"You're Blondie! Claire wanted me to talk to you!" He laughed.

"The name's Mason. I see you've met my my twin, Celeste," I turned around to see her smile and give a small wave, "welcome to your new home. It's nice to finally see you awake." About that..

"How long have I been out?"

"A little over a week. Eleven days to be exact." Eleven days?! I guess he read the look on my face because he continued, "the night of the party, we injected you with a sleeping liquid. It knocked you out clean."

"You what!?" I wasn't liking the sound of this.

"Don't worry, we made sure you were healthy and comfortable. Take a seat, breakfast will be out in a minute." I couldn't believe this. It all sounded crazy. Celeste came out with eggs, bacon, and french toast. It all looked yummy, but as much as I wanted food, I wanted answers more.

"What deal did my parents make with you guys? Why is it so important?"

"I can't tell you," he said casually. But I wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Tell me. Now. I deserve to know," I was getting annoyed with him. Claire would've busted his head by now.

"I can't tell you-"

"And why not?"

"Because I'm not exactly sure, Damian never told me all the details." Damian? Who's Damian? Once again, he answered my question, "Damian's the Alpha, your mate?"

"No, he's not."

"Not yet, but he will be."

"Listen-you have this all wrong. Once I pay off this stupid debt, I'll be gone. Away from you, away from here," where was I anyway?

"Wow, you're feisty. Can't wait until Damian meets you."

"Can you stop saying his name?" He gave me puppy dog eyes. The BETA was giving me puppy dog eyes.

"I think you hurt Damian's feelings," he said sarcastically.

"Ugh.." He sat back and smiled. He was beginning to be the brother I never had, I hated him already.

"Hurry up and eat. If you want answers, you have to go to him yourself. He's in the nearby woods taking care of an issue right now."

"Fine."

*********************

Author's Note:
Hey beautifuls :) I just realized this chapter is really long, just thought you'd get to know Celeste and Blondie. Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment your suggestions on how to make this story better! Love you guys <3
- XO Raquel