Pt.5

I woke up to the ringing sound of an alarm clock. I flipped over to see that it was only 10:30

"Hermione the party is at 12, why am I getting up an hour and a half early? Plus I'm going to go a bit later than 12, so I'm leaving in like 2 hours" I whinnied

"It's for your own good, you'll shower, you'll do your hair, and I'll be doing your makeup.... oh and we have to find that dress" she said all gidy

"Wait what dress-"

I groaned in annoyance

That fucking dress.

The year prior I had gone with Hermione to spend the weekend at her house for her birthday. On the actual day of her birthday we went on a shopping spree for her. We went into this one shop with the prettiest little party dresses. We skimmed around until Hermione paused while I was walking behind her and I abruptly bumped into her.

She pulled a dress out from the rack and showed it to me. She kept telling me how I need the dress and the dress needed me. After many minutes of convincing her that I wouldn't have anywhere to wear it to, she placed the dress back on the rack while I looked at the earring stand waiting for her to check out. Little did I know, she snuck the dress into her heap of clothes and bought it for me.

I only took it back to school out of the kindness in my heart. She knew I hated those cutesy little dresses but I told her that I would wear it once and only once.

"Hermione no, I'm not wearing that thing" I prompted

"Yes yes yes you have to. You said you would at least wear it twice so this has to be the first time you wear it!"

"First of all I said one time I made that very clear and I know you remember that. And secondly I'm the one who has to wear that thing and I choose not to wear it tonight."

"Fine. You know what I won't force you." She said unconvincingly

I gave her a questioning look as I stepped into the bathroom.

I turned on the shower and brushed my teeth while I waited for it to heat up.

Once I got in I remembered how much time I had so I took that to my advantage. I tried the new scrub Ginny showed me and exfoliated my face. I washed my hair and started to shave my legs-

"OMG OMG OMG OMG Y/N IM DYING IM GONE IM OUT OF HERE!" Hermione screamed as she burst through the door. And now I had cut my leg right on my knee.

"Hermione what the fuck is so important! I just cut my leg and now I'm bleedin- AH SHIT!" Water had hit my knee over the cut and stung like a bitch

Pulling myself back together I saw Hermione's pale little hand come from behind the shower curtain and turn the water off. Then she over the top of the shower handed me a towel to wrap around myself, and I did so.

I forcefully opened the curtain with an angry expression that Hermione ignored as she pulled me out of the bathroom and sat me down on my bed.

I looked up at her and she was holding an envelope with the biggest smile plastered on her face while not saying a word.

"SO ARE YOU GONNA TELL ME OR WHAT!"

Then she handed me the envelope and sat back down onto her bed to see my reaction.

At the front of the paper wrote my name in familiar handwriting. Before I flipped it over to see the seal I repeated in my head over and over hoping the seal wasn't green. I took a deep breath flipped it over and..........