4. Free

His arms were tightly wrapped around her, and like the venomous snake he was, no matter how hard Lucy struggled she couldn't break free.  He had to finally let go of her mouth though.  He couldn't hold her with just one hand as hard as she was trying to get loose from him.  She bucked and twisted with all her might until he had no choice but to release her lips from his hold.

"Let me go!" she demanded the moment his hand slipped away.

"Not a chance!" he growled.  "I have worked too hard to keep you."

Lucy stomped his feet with her own and thrashed as hard as she could without hurting herself in the process.  He cried out in pain, but he refused to let her go.  She stopped struggling for a moment.  She did have some questions she wanted to ask.  Now was the perfect opportunity for her to find out what had been going on.

"Who are you?" she asked.

The man rolled his eyes behind her.  "Didn't you see the mask?  I'm a Death Eater."

"What do you want with me?"

"You're the one the Dark Lord wanted to join us, but that doesn't matter now.  He just wants you dead.  You've almost served your purpose," he spat.  "My sister and I knew you weren't dead, someone with the power to make themselves ghostlike.  We went to your grave, checking every ten minutes.  We found you and brought you here because we knew we could use you.  You're nothing but a pawn."

Anger rose within Lucy's whole boy.  A pawn?  How dare them!  She clenched her jaws together tightly.  "Well, this pawn is through being played."

Lucy made her body intangible again just long enough to free herself from her captor.  She held her hand out and called for her wand, which was laying in the floor beside of where thery were standing.

"Accio wand!"

The wand flew into her hand just as he blasted her with some random spell.  She fell backward, busting her head on the wooden floor.  In addition to the knot on her head she was bound to have, she bit the inside of her jaw, causing it to bleed.  The taste of iron started to fill her mouth, but she didn't let that stop her from standing her ground.  Her wand was trained on the Death Eater.  She was gripping it so tightly that her knuckles were white.  His wand was fixed on her and that is how they stayed for the longest time.  Neither of them moved, unsure of what the other would do.

"You won't win this fight, Ms. Dawson," he told her.

Lucy spit the blood out of her mouth.  The taste of it was about to make her sick.  "I don't need to win," she shot back.  "I just need to survive."

"To see Severus again?" he asked in a mocking tone.

Severus.  Did he know she was alive?  Was he even alive or had they killed him?  Her eyes narrowed into slits.  She had never felt so much hatred toward one person before.  If he or his sister had done something to the man she loves, she would personally make them pay.  Maybe not today or tomorrow, but someday they would pay.

"Yes," she answered.

"That won't happen."  He looked up at the clock on the wall and grinned wickedly.  "He's dead as of five minutes ago."

Lucy's heart dropped.  "No.  I don't believe you."

"My sister set a trap for him and your best friend Jo.  The store should be going out with a bang right about now."

"B­-bang?"

"He'll probably beg for death by the time the fire consumes him.  Right now he and your little friend are probably burning to death, but not before she makes sure they know that you joined us and joined in their torture.  Making them think you were alive just to kill them in the end.  They'll be horrified."