The Townspeople Cry To "God"

The two adults stare down at the child, slowly pulling them out of their bed, the mother wraps the blanket around the small 4 year old. Holding them closely, sweat dripping down their faces.

"We have to go, immediately." The man says, his voice shaking. The woman stares at him, nodding slowly.

"I didn't want to do this Messiah, (Y/N) is a child, should we trust him with them?" Mariah asked, staring at her husband, her face covered in guilt.

He sighs, placing a hand on her shoulder, fixing his glasses at the moment.

"The brat didn't follow the rules, if only they did, we wouldn't be in this mess. I trust him, we've been doing business for awhile, he's loyal." Messiah tells his wife, looking down at the small child wrapped in a warm brown blanket, softly humming in their sleep.

Mariah exhales, staying silent for a moment, trying to collect her thoughts. Suddenly a large bang was heard from outside the door, alarming the both of them.

"We have to leave, immediately.." Messiah grabs Mariah's hand, targeting for the backdoor before the civilians barged in.

"YOU BASTARDS! LET US HAVE THE CHILD AND WE WILL BE FREE FROM THIS CURSE!!" The priest yelled, lying to the husband and wife. They knew they would kill (Y/N), and so them too.

Messiah groans angrily, trying to budge the door open. Sweat, dripping from his forehead as he looks at the doorknob in fear. Mariah looks at him annoyed, handing the small infant to him.

"I'll do it myself." Mariah says, pulling her dress up, breaking open the door loudly, the wood chipping off.

Messiah looks at his wife in shock, smirking at her, they start to run outside, trying their best to stay low.

"DO YOU SEE (L/N)?? WE WILL BURN THE WITCH TOGETHER! LET'S COME TOGETHER, AS A COMMUNITY.. AS A FAMILY!!" The priest protests, the crowd roars along. Messiah and Mariah prayed to whatever God was out there to give them hope.

Mariah wondered in her head, how did they get in this situation...

---

"Mama! I wanna show you something!" (Y/N) exclaimed to their mother. Mariah turns her head around from the kitchen stove, looking at her joyful child.

"What is it sweetheart? Did you make anything new today?" She asked, going over to them. (Y/N) pointed their hand to the book from across the room.

"Look what my friend can do! Give me the book!" (Y/N) asked, talking to nobody. Suddenly, the book started to float on its own, moving slowly to (Y/N). Mariah's eye widened in fear. Staring at her child, she backed up, her mind racing.

Mariah's mind went blank, all she could see was a memory, a memory of the town she lived in, she saw her family. But, the memory was distorted, it didn't look right, it made her feel sick to her stomach. A sudden bright light blinded her vision. Yet, what she saw was terrifying. Her town burned to the ground. Ashes of corpses layed everywhere as the fire cracked and people screamed. Mariah only saw one thing standing, it was covered in blood. It was, (Y/N)

She saw her own child, standing there on the burnt ground, blood covering their body. She couldn't handle it anymore. Mariah let out a blood curdling scream of fear. Focusing back to reality she backed away from the child, her body shaking.

The little child whimpered, they just saw everything in their mothers mind. And they did it? Blood was covering their hands in the memory. What was this power? (Y/N) was confused.

Angrily, Mariah grabbed (Y/N)'s wrist, throwing them into their room and locking it for the moment. (Y/N) banged on the door, confused on why their mother was acting this wild. Mariah stayed outside the door, waiting for her husband to come back home.