Chapter 1

"Are you ready for school?" Said Reina. "Yes," said Liliana. "Ok, I'll get your computer," said Reina. "Why can't I go to school in person?" Asked Liliana. "Because there isn't Braille at school, sweetie," said Reina. "You set up Braille on my computer?" Asked Liliana. "Yes I did, so you can do online classes and everyone would understand, your a bright young girl Liliana. I want you to spend your 8th grade year happy, okay?" She asked. "Thanks mom," said Liliana. "School is starting in 5 minutes, you should get online," said Reina. "Mom, wait," said Liliana. "What is it, Lili?" Reina asked. "I love you, said Liliana. "I love you too darling," said Reina. As Liliana started school she started to feel like she wasn't like anyone else, so she kept telling herself she isn't the only one, but it's not working. She keeps trying to think that others are blind too, but she started to cry, but no one could hear her. She smashed her head into her pillow, and cried for an hour. An hour later, her mom walked in and sat beside her. "What wrong Lili?" She asked. "No one is like me," she said. "Why is your head in a folded up blanket?" Asked Reina. "I thought it was my pillow, I can't tell because I'm blind." Said Lili. "It's not your fault, you were born that way," said Alice stepping in the room. "Thanks Alice," said Reina. Alice is Liliana's 15 year old sister. She is two years older than her and she is always supportive. "Alice?" Asked Lili. "Yeah it's me Lil," she said. "Your gonna be fine, but you need to take your learning slow," said Alice. "Thanks but how is that gonna make me have vision." Said Liliana. "You don't need vision too see the world," said Alice. "That doesn't make sense," said Liliana. "How about your sister and I set up a fundraiser for blind people, okay honey?" Said Reina. "No, I wanna do it, I'm not doing it to prove I can do something, I wanna help people," said Lili. "That's amazing, I'm so proud of you Lil," said Alice. "The things that I can do for this fundraiser, said Lili, will be not only good, it will be the only thing that makes me, and my kind, happy.