Chapter 1

Marcus was sitting on a bench enjoying the sunset, he had always loved watching the sky fade from blue to red, pink, dark blue, and finally black. He also enjoyed the feeling of the warmth fading from his face as the sun sank lower and lower. This new town was going to be such a drag. Why the agency had sent him here was beyond him, he had graduated at the top of his class and felt he should have been placed somewhere bigger. Half the town was run down and the other half was full of people he wasn't going to take the time to meet. Win as many fights as possible, get promoted, and get the hell outta this little town, that was the plan. Maybe a quick hookup if he could find the time and someone worth hooking up with. He smirked at the thought of a good hookup, he hadn't had one in a while. It was about five in the evening, better get heading back to the new apartment he thought, when Dying in LA finishes playing.

Just as the song ended, he heard a loud burst of laughter. He lifted his head searching for the sound as his heart skipped a beat. Across the street was the most handsome guy he'd seen since arriving here, maybe ever. His hair was dark purple that faded to light, lengthy on the top and combed back, similar to Brendon Urie's. His face was sort of oval with a rounded chin. He had silky laughter that could drag anyone in. He would make a nice hookup to pass the time he thought to himself. He stared at the boy until he could no longer see him, he stood up with a sigh, heading towards the apartment.

"Marcus!" the owner of the apartments shouted from her open office door.

"Yes, landlady?" Marcus asked, turning around on the steps to walk down them.

"I just wanted to let you know your roommate should be here tomorrow," she stated.

"Thanks for the heads up," he replied.

Once upstairs Marcus opened the door to the two bedroom apartment. For such a little run down town, the apartment was nice, spacious even. It had an open floor plan that combined the living room and kitchen, then a short hallway that led to two bedrooms, and the bathroom. The living room had a sliding glass door that led out to a small balcony looking out over the town. You could tell it was a man that lived here, not that it was dirty, it just didn't have any family photos, trinkets, or other girly things like that. He went to his room and flopped on the bed. Tomorrow was going to be a big day, new roomie and first job. He plugged in his phone and noticed he had a message:

CAS: Did you settle in?

Yeah bro, thanks for asking, I have a big day tomorrow, so I'm going to sleep. I'll talk to you later, okay?

CAS: Yeah, sounds good!

Smirking he put his phone down and looked at the dresser, the only family photo in the apartment so far. It was of him and his little brother Caspian, the last time they'd been together at the boardwalk. He was supposed to see him again in three weeks and couldn't wait, they didn't get together often so anytime they could was great.

**********************************

Marcus woke up to a loud crash and someone cursing quietly. Rubbing sleep from his eyes he went out to the living room and saw someone sprawled out on the floor with boxes in front of him.

"What the fu..." he started but immediately stopped.

The person had just looked up and it was the man with purple hair from yesterday. If his heart had skipped a beat then, it downright stopped now that he saw him this close. On top of the great hair and face shape, his eyes were a crystal blue that made you never want to stop looking into them.

"Uh, I'm sorry about this. Not a great first impression, huh?" he said sheepishly, he had stood up and was running his hand over the back of his hair and neck. "I'm Severine, you're roommate, I'm sorry I woke you up, I'm kind of a klutz."

"That's okay. I'm Marcus," he replied, hoping his expression hadn't shown. "You alright? Need a hand?"

"Yeah, that would be great, thanks!" Severine answered a grin lighting up his face.

They headed back towards the bedrooms, Marcus in the lead. He had picked up one of the three boxes Severine had tried to carry in. All three were marked books, he must be pretty strong he thought. No wonder he tripped though, the single box he was carrying was easily 20 pounds or more. When they got to the room he noticed that there were several boxes already there, he must have got the rest moved in while I was sleeping, he thought.

"I took the bigger bedroom since I arrived first, hope you're okay with that," he said.

"Oh yeah, that's fine dude. Thanks for helping me finish carrying these boxes." Severine replied.

He sat the box down. "I'm going to make some breakfast, want anything?"

He had no idea what made him offer, he wasn't supposed to be acting like this, but something about Severine made him feel like he couldn't not be kind.

"No, I ate at the little cafe up the street before I came, thanks though," Severine said.

He nodded and walked out of the room, glad to get away from those eyes. Once his back was turned on Severine and the spell of his eyes was broken, he smirked to himself, I think I just found my hookup.