Rescue?

Charles's POV

     It had been days, I think, I'm not exactly sure how long it's been, but definitely long.
     I heard a metallic noise. Maybe it was meal time and someone dropped the food trey. I opened my eyes and stood eagerly at the bars of the cell. I didn't hear any footsteps approaching, but I did hear a thump to the right of my cell."
     "Ow..."
     I backed up, who was that? What was that thump?
     A figure came into view, I couldn't see their face cause it was obscured by some sort of purple scarf mask.
"You're not Thomas." They mumbled before walking out of sight again.
"Wait!" I yelled, gripping the bars of the cell I was in. "Wait please help!"
They walked back slowly, "Why?"
"I... I don't have anything to give you, but please, I'm begging you." I pleaded, feeling hopeful.
They thought for a moment, "Ok, I'll let you out if you help me break someone else free."
"Ok! Thank you!"
     They took out a key and unlocked my cage, then took my hand and pulled me into the hallway.
     "Get into that vent, I'll follow you."
     I obeyed and lifted myself into the vent in the wall, I guess that thump was him falling out. Once in, I turned and held out my hand, helping lift the stranger into the vent after me.
     "Thanks," They said after they were in.
     I let them pass so they could lead the way.
     "So..." they said, "There are two prison rooms sort of, you were in the low security one, I guess Thomas is in the high security one, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this."
     I know they didn't mean anything, but I was somewhat offended that I was put in the low security cells. Did they not see me as a threat? Was I just a helicopter pilot to them?
     Soon enough, the stranger stopped and put their finger to where their mouth would be if they didn't have a mask on. "We're here." They whispered.
     I looked through the vent opening to see prison cells, and guards.
     "Ok," they said, "Judging by your clothes, I'm gonna assume you're government, that means you have training. You take out the guards, and I'll let out Thomas, ok?"
     I blinked and nodded. I actually had part in the action! More than just a pilot. Hell yes. I looked back out the vent and opened it quietly as possible. None of the toppat guards noticed. I quickly jumped out and landed on one of the guards, knocking them to the ground. The others started yelling.
     "What the hell! He esca-" I punched him in the jaw and he was knocked out.
     Two more.
     I ran and wrapped my arm around ones neck as the other tried to shoot at me.
     She only managed to accidentally shoot the toppat in my arms, he screamed and I let him drop to the ground.
     I kicked the last one and she stumbled to the ground. I kicked her a few more times to make Sure she was out.
     All of a sudden I was tackled to the ground, it was the toppat I landed on when I left the vent, apparently they weren't knocked out.
     There was a gunshot and the toppat went limp on top of me. I struggled out from under them and saw a bloody hole in their back.
     "Good job," I looked up from the vent and saw the masked figure with a gun.
     "Uh, thanks," I replied, standing up. "I missed one though," I gestured to the toppat they shot.
     They jumped out from the vent and looked in each of the cells.
     "Thomas! I came to bust you out!" They said, taking out the key And unlocking one of the cells.
     A toppat with two monocles stepped out of the cell smiling. "I knew you'd come!" He said, hugging the figure.
     "Wait wait wait," I said, walking up to them. "Why would the toppats lock up a toppat?" I asked.
     "Who is this," the guy named Thomas asked, looking at me.
     "I picked him up looking for you. Pretty good fighter, I think we're keeping him." The masked figure explained.
     "Keeping me? I don't even know who you are?"
     The masked figure sighed and grabbed my wrist, "I'll explain later, right now, we have to run!" They said breaking into a sprint, Thomas following close behind.
     The three of us ran out of the exit just as alarms started to blare. I followed the two into the nearby woods as we ran for what felt like forever, trying to get distance between us and the toppat base.
     Eventually we slowed to a stop, panting and sitting down.
     "Ok ok," I panted, "what the hell is going on." I demanded.
     "Well I guess you deserve an explanation," the masked person said.
     They took off the mask and held out their hand to me.
     "Hi, I'm Henry Stickmin, leader of the Toppat clan."