Chapter 1

Monique POV

I was sitting on my couch watching movies on Netflix with my best friend Rayan. He has been my best friend since diapers. We had been through so much together, good and bad. No one could come between us. Besties forever. To infinity and beyond.

We just been chillin' and watching movies all day since there was really nothing else to do and today was the last day of spring break so we just decided to just chill and be lazy. Right now we were watching a scary movie that Ray made me watch. I absolutely positively hate scary movies and he knows it. One thing I hate about watching scary movies with Rayan is that he plays way too much. He'll try to scare me by popping out of no where and act like he some type of killer or something. One time I think I almost peed in my pants.

We were getting low of chips and dip so I went to the
kitchen to get more. I came back and Ray wasn't there. I guess he went to the bathroom. I sat down on the couch and ate some of the chips and dip. I didn't really want to watch the movie by myself so I paused it and waited for Ray to come back.

Five minutes passed and Ray still wasn't back. I texted him to see where he went but he didn't respond. Suddenly I heard this weird, scary, unusual noise. "Ray" I called out. No answer. "Ray Ray" I called out again. Still no answer. "Ray Ray. Stop playing. I know you're just trying to scare me." I said.

Then something or someone grabbed me and covered my mouth with their hand and whispered in my ear "Don't move or I'll cut your neck off." they said in a firm, scary tone. I was scared but I wasn't going to give in that easily so I elbowed them really hard in the side then I turned around and punched them dead in the face.

They fell to the ground and screamed like a little girl. Almost crying. I pulled off the mask and it was exactly who I had suspected it to be. Rayan. "Really, Rayan?!" I said semi-yelling. "Dang girl. I didn't know you could hit that hard. You hit like a dude." he said as I helped him up.

"You shouldn't have been trying to scare me. That's what you get." I said getting him an ice pack. "Man, I'm not gon' mess with you no more. I thought I was about to KO." he said grabbing the ice pack. "I told you that you were going to learn to stop messing with me like that. And that day just happens to be today." I said.

"Yeah, well I learned my lesson." he said. "Yeah I bet you did." I said.

"Well, what you want to do now?" he asked. "I don't know but I know I'm tired of watching movies." I said honestly.

"You wanna go somewhere to eat?"

"Yeah. Let me go get my purse."

I went upstairs and freshened up a bit and got my purse, keys, and phone and went back down stairs. "You ready?" I asked him. "Yeah" he replied.

We walked out the house and got in his car.

"Where you wanna eat at?" he asked me. "It doesn't matter for real for real as long as it's something good." I said. "Okay. I got you. " he said.

A few minutes later we pulled up to this Italian restaurant called Vinny Vito's New York Italian & Steak. This place is expensive. Rayan must gon pay for this meal cause I'm not paying $30.00 for one person to eat. I can go to McDonalds and get a sandwich or chicken nuggets, a medium fry, and medium drink for $5.50. I know I sound cheap but I'm really not. I'm just not about to pay $30.00 for one person to eat. Like no. You don't even pay that much when you go to a buffet and eat for two. Some prices are just unreasonable.

"Umm...Ray..." "Yeah?" "Who paying for this?" "Don't worry Moni. I got it." he said chuckling. "Mmhmm I know you do." I said with assertiveness.

We went inside the restaurant and were seated immediately. Then the waitress came to take our orders.

"Hi. I'm Felicia and I will be your server today. What can I get you guys
to drink?" "I would like a sprite, please" I said. "And for you sir?"

Ray didn't say anything. "Ray." I said trying to get his attentoon. "Hold on. Give me a second." He said. The waitress sighed loud and hard. Ray cocked his head side ways and said "Is there a problem ma'am?" She sighed again and said "No". "I didn't think so." Ray said. She rolled her eyes and mumbled something. "Come again? Did you say something?" Ray said with his hand behind his ear as if he didn't hear what she had said. "I said I don't have all day. Now -" she got cut off by Ray. "Guh I didn't tell you to come work here. It's not my fault you broke and living on the street looking like a lost puppy. Wit cho stanky, bougie, ratchet head, stupid fool dead brain, need a pimp looking self." "I'm not on the streets. I just dont have time to deal with foolishness. I have things to do. Now what do you want to drink?" "What did I just tell you? Its not my fault you gotta be here so you can loose your little attitude and be happy. And I would like a sprite as well."Ray said smiling. "That's all you had to say" she said about to turn to get our drinks. "I did" Ray said as if she was slow. "Whatever" she said rolling her eyes and walking away.

"Ray, you so stupid." I said laughing.

"What? She shouldn't have never caught an attitude with me. You know I don't play that."

"But you still didn't have to say all that to her. You should've been the bigger person."

"Girl, shut up with all that. It's all said and done and she got what she deserved and asked for. Nothing less, nothing more."

"Okay Ray. Whatever you say. "

The waitress came back with our drinks and took our order. She still had her little attitude but we didn't care. As she was walking away, Ray opened his mouth to say something but I kicked him in the knee to shut him up.

"She not even worth it." I said

"Okay. But you didnt have to kick me in the knee, Mo. That hurt."

"Well it was the only way to shut you up. "

"Shut dont go up, prices do. So take your advice and you shut up too."

"Seriously? Last time I checked we were in high school. Not elementary "

"So."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "How come you haven't been hanging out with A'shanti?" I asked him. A'shanti is his current girlfriend. They've been dating for 3 months. They're one of the cutest couples. And I actually like A'shanti. Other girls Ray have dated were ratchet, fake, snobby, unclassy, stuck up, and the list continues.

The waitress brought our food and we started eating. Ray didnt ever answer my question. I know that fool heard me.

"You didn't ever answer my question."

"Oh. We broke up" he said lowly.

I was amazed and shocked. They looked like they were happy and doing fine. But looks can be deceiving and you never know what's happening behind closed doors.

"Why?" I asked him.

"It just wasn't the same anymore. I didn't feel the same way about her that I did when we first got together."

"What changed? Why do you think your feelings changed?"

"It wasn't her. It was me. I'm in love with someone else. I've liked them every since 6th grade. I keep trying to replace her with other girls but I can't. And I'm scared that she might not feel the same way. But at the same time who wouldn't like me? I'm too sexy."

"You're so conceited"

"No, I have self confidence."

"Whatever. But who is it?"

"You."

-------------------------------------------------------------
So how was that? This is my first story so don't grade me too harshly. Vote and comment.