• twenty •

Trey
Friday, September 28

The twins had stayed after school today to work on their write up for their project while TJ had his second round of football tryouts, and I swear ever since Kelly got home from picking them up, she's been glancing over at me every two minutes like she wants to say something but won't.

"What's on your mind baby?" I eventually asked because I knew she was just gonna keep this going if I didn't speak up.

"I'm just... making sure you're okay."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Do I have to say it? I think you know what I'm talking about."

She's referring to Kiara's friend coming over in a little bit, like she's scared I'm finna wild out or something. I may not completely approve of this but I'm willing to put my differences aside and give it a chance only because I see how important it is for Kiara. One thing Kelly and I can agree on is that someone showing genuine concern for our daughter is what should matter the most. Even though I didn't like what happened at that party, from what I saw in the video I can't deny that he did take care of her and saved her from getting into any more trouble. Other than that situation, I really don't have a reason to dislike the kid especially if I've never even met him.

"Kelz, I told you I'm more level headed than I was when you first told me about it on Wednesday. I'm not gon do shit, the most I'll do is ask him questions."

She gave me a look, "That's doing shit."

"So I can't ask anything? Didn't you say the goal was to get to know him better?" I replied smartly.

"You love mentioning the fact that you know me so well without taking into account that I know yo ass too. My style of asking questions would be way different than yours. All I'm asking is for you to please not be an asshole."

I placed my hand on my chest acting offended. "Is that really what you think of me?"

"I've never made it a secret."

"Man that's hurtful. I'll try not to be tough on the kid, but I will have questions regardless cause we at least need to know who we're about to have up in our house."

She shrugged, "I'll just kick you if you say anything out of pocket so it doesn't even matter at this point. Do you, boo."

"The violence for what?" I gasped.

"Because you don't be listening to my words so I gotta make you feel it."

"Damn babe... be nice."

"You be nice first and I'll follow."

"We'll see."

She rolled her eyes then muttered something under her breath and I just laughed. I gotta stop getting on my baby's nerves, for real.

TJ came into our room a few seconds later and sat at the edge of our bed.

"What's going on, my boy? How you feeling?" I asked.

"Like a winner. I'm kinda tired though."

"Yeah, I could imagine. Coach told me you were one of the best players out in that field. You was showing out and it was only tryouts." Kelly said.

"He said that?! You're lying!"

"I wouldn't lie to you, my love. He came up to me when I came to get you and he seemed very impressed. I wish I would've been there to see."

"It's okay, you can watch me play every game once I make the team."

She laughed and ruffled his hair, "I'm loving the confidence. I sense good news coming your way, and if not, they definitely gon hear from me because I know your potential."