Prologue

"Happy moments are short-lived, so remember them as well as possible, because you won't get a second chance."  -Alan

________

The cheering sounds of people and the voices of salesmen echoed across the street. The young boy was walking alone, avoiding people. He had a thin body, which indicated that he was smoothed, his pink hair was dirty, his skin was littered with bruises and dirt, and all he was wearing was a long torn shirt. The boy was an orphan, previously he had a family but quickly lost it to the monsters that lived behind the wall.

Passing through the crowd of people, he was gifted with dirty eyes of people, but the boy did not stop, he was used to it. He did not blame them for what he had become, or for what happened to him, his thin figure was passing through the crowd, stealing his money. He broke through the crowd and started walking to the alley where he lived without noticing someone following him.

The alley was dark, dirty and empty, there were crates behind which the boy was hiding from other people and from the world. The boy had already lived here for over five years, all rats or dogs were no longer a surprise to him, living on the streets of the city got used to to the most disgusting creatures and insects, stealing was life for him, fighting was for life, and killing was a necessity for him. If you wanted to live on the street, you had to fight for everything.

"Oi,brat!"

Loud and loud voice startled the boy, he quickly tucked his belongings away and turned towards the voice. Near his hideout there was a man, he was short but his face was serious, he was wearing Survey Corps outfit. The boy recognized him as Levi Ackerman or what others called him "Humanity's Strongest Soldier". He was the best soldier and killed many monsters behind the wall.

"I'm talking to you, brother"

The boy quickly got up from his seat and walked over to the man, he knew that there was no chance with the soldier in his present state, he was too weak to fight. The boy watched as the man crouched next to him and looked into his eyes.

"Y-Yes?"

"What's your name, brat?"

"A-Alan, me name is Alan"

The boy felt the man's hand land on his head, he had not felt the closeness and the touch of cleanliness from someone else for a long time, he felt tears flowing from his eyes, he quickly wiped them with his hand.

"I'm Levi brat, although I'll take you somewhere you won't have to steal anymore."

The man stood up and stretched his hand towards the boy, the toddler quickly took the man's hand and smiled. Together with Levi he moved towards the place where he will live.
Alan Licht finally felt loved and had a family that day, and Alan Ackerman was born that day.