Chapter one: New Beginnings

Do you ever hope that your nightmares never come to life? That those that you cower towards will come and do... something bad? Welcome to my world. Where everything... everything is horrible. Imagine no electricity, no "playing" with your friends and mutants attacking everyone and everything in sight. That's what is normal for my world. 7 nuclear bombs went off in the United States and Russia, pushing the world into chaos. An apocalypse, that's what my fear is, and now... I'm living it, every day of my life. And I met a lot of friends and enemies on the way to stopping the carnage.

Sids white shoes skidded across the sand, he was running, running as fast as he could, he had stolen the motor from the wolf's. And no, not the animal, the group that wants to stop the NWMO what's that? It's the new military organization, although no one likes them, they just came and asserted dominance. Anyways. He was running, running from men that were able to break anyone and everyone they see. They suddenly stopped and yelled to stop or they would open fire, there were about 5 of them, a small platoon of them. Sid yelled back "Try me!" Though it wasn't that hard to hear what he said, even with the gas mask he wore. Sid stopped and stared at the men. He pulled his NC 12 rifle, and aimed 5 gunshots were heard, Sid had managed to kill one man with a bullet to the head and chucked the rifle at the other, knocking him out. He then ran and slid towards one man, he pulled out his knife from his holster, and stabbed the man in the crotch, he fell to the ground, groaning in pain, Sid stood, almost getting hit by bullets whizzing by him. He ran to a table outside and flipped it, giving himself cover and sporting a lamp, threw it at one man and hit him square in the head, he had given the man a scar, the last one got smart and retrieved his knife, running towards Sid behind cover though through a bullet hole in the table, he saw this coming and stood and threw the knife into his chest, the man kept charging though, making Sid have to retreat back to running, as he ran he saw that the one of the guards was getting back up, he charged towards him. Seeing a Beretta m9 on the ground and grabbing it and firing at the man, he fell, the man behind Sid, was starting to pass out, and Sid put him out of his misery along with the man he hit with a lamp. He went to look at the motor. It was an old drive motor, not too rusted, he tossed it around in his hands before getting bored and putting it in his bag. "Off to Charlie'' he said to himself. As he was walking he decided to climb up an old business billboard and sat to eat lunch. Sid had a tan gas mask that was surprisingly new looking. He had a brown jacket and brown hair that was combed to the right side of his head. He had a strap that had pockets all over mostly for food, ammunition and his canteen, he had a lamp that hung on his Sweat pants and white shoes. He ate what he could though he could take of his mask for a short while, he will at some point start choking. He has no idea why and neither does his brother, he was the only person in Chicago that had a brother, Sid was seventeen and his brother Henry, was nineteen. Gas masks were rare now a days, he was lucky to have one, all he remembers was that when he was born, something weird happened and he put on the gas mask on and didn't want to take it off, people would make fun of him at school and then the nuclear bombs went off and they all died, he didn't know why. He finished eating and started feeling a tickle in his throat, he coughed once and put the mask on and he was off, off to see his brother. When he made it to town, it was quiet, surprising to sid, because this was the most popular place in Chicago! He kept going and found a large scrap metal built structure labeled 'Charlie' . Its full name was 'Stronghold Charlie' . These strongholds were for people who had no home, and I was also a great place to shop for supplies, there were medics and gate operators. He walked up to the gate and yelled over "It's me, Desert!" A man in a black beanie cap peered over the gate, "Sid, what's up!" Said the man. "Its Desert here." The man frowned and opened the gate. As Sid walked in he saw a man being rushed to the medical station. "So... how's work, Sellout" Said Sid. " Works  good." Said the man as they walked down, Sod could see the homes that people lived in. The place was full of old buildings that survived the blast. They walked into a store with a sign called "Sellouts antiques" with a picture of a young sellout. When they walked in the aroma of fresh paint filled Sids filter, he took off the mask and smelled the air "smells like home." Said Sid as he placed the mask back on. "You got what I want?" Said Sellout. "Yep." Said Sid. Sid grabbed a rusted motor that he had killed 5 men to get. He placed it one the desk, it was. Brown in color and had a leg that was horribly nailed back on. Sellout picked up the motor,"This will help, much appreciated." Just as Sid was about to ask why all his jobs involve stealing when an explosion goes off in the distance.