Chapter two: The Attack

Sid ran out the door of the antique store and out into the sand street of Stronghold Charlie. He saw smoke. Thick black smoke. And everyone was screaming, after the panic began to settle, almost as if on cue. The smoke started to lift, there was one dead body, it was one of the gatekeepers, Sellout's best buds, his name what's Tank. Sellout ran to his side, tried to feel for a heart beat, but by the look on his face, Sid knew that tank was dead. The gates had been blown open, and when the smoke lifted fully, the culprit was revealed. A large military truck, white in color, surprisingly not rusted. It had a globe on the front hood. With the letters. "NWMO" on the bottom of the globe. "Fuck" said Sid, as he was about to turn and leave, a man with a white military outfit stood on the top of the truck, he nodded to a man with an RPG, and the man lowered it. He grabbed a microphone, which looked like it was from a karaoke machine. And spoke, " Hello, and Good evening. We would like to address that you still have the US flag on your pole, meaning you still want the US Government to be the lead government protecting your city, well" he turned and nodded again to a man with a military helmet, he walked out with two hostages. "We have two of your people... and we would not care if they lived or died. All we want is for you to take this flag. And plant it on your pole... he pointed to a young man who seemed to be 19, he had red hair and bandages on his arms, one soldier nuged the red head forward, handing him the flag, the kid had 5 men trained on him, the kid walked up to the stand, and looked up at the pole, he stopped and turned."N-". BANG. The kid was shot, and his body fell over and off the stand sending his body down 20 feet and his body made a splat when he hit the floor, he had a hole directly through his head. His body landed in front of sid. He stared at it. Sid realized that the same would happen to the female there, she had an arm band that had a medical symbol. "A medic?" Said Sellout "A medic" Sid said, reassuringly. She had a black leather jacket and combat boots. She seemed to be not afraid of being a hostage, though she did have a tear running down her cheek. She had jeans and a plaid shirt and slightly curved light brown hair. She had a black baseball cap and fingerless gloves. Sid realized that his brother wasn't that far from here, he had to do something to drag attention away form him. "Sellout" he whispered. Sellout nodded, not looking at him. "I'm gonna try to get these assholes away from here" "how?" Asked Sellout. "I'm gonna go get snow." What's he gonna do?" " all I need is for you to drag attention away from me ok?" "How do you think I'm gonna do? A magic trick?" Just then a small fire blazes far in the distance and people watch, the man who had the white military outfit looked behind him, in shock, it was a blue and brown military truck, with people all on it with bandanas and gloves. The fire was a flamethrower mounted on the front. The men started clearing the gate and then bullets came from the truck, like multiple LMGs firing at once. "There's you distraction!" Said sellout. Sid nodded and ran. He made it to a fence walla and started calling it, he jumped off and rolled on the ground to slow his impact. He started running again and hid behind mountains as he saw many more trucks coming towards Charlie. He saw one drive by the hill Sid was hiding behind, he saw a Wolf logo on the side. " the wolves! " said Sid. He kept running until he found a junkyard. "Home sweet home" said Sid, he ran in and yelled "HENRY!" a 19 year old man poked out his head and jumped out, he had a blue jacket with a light blue shirt under it. He had a metal shoulder pad and brown jeans, he had Adidas shoes like Sid. Henry is Sids older brother, he's more protective than Sid. He asked " what happened I saw wolf trucks! "." It's the NWMO! " " No.. Really!? " " yes, they need help." "Well, they can handle themselves!" "No they can't, they have multiple men with RPGs." " then let's get going." They started to run. When they made it, there were multiple blue and white trucks outside. Gunshots were blaring in the background. They ran to the fence and climbed in. The place was on fire. And tied to a pole was the Female from before. She was crying. " You cover me." Said Henry. "Will do" said Sid. Henry ran and lunged for the girl, dodging gunfire. He tried to start cutting at the rope but it wasn't working, he started panicking and started angrily jabbing at the rope, it broke loose and the female ran and tripped on the ground near Sid, he decided to pull her towards him and away from the gun fire. Henry yelled" SUPPRESSING FIRE!" Sid knew what this meant, he pulled out his NC 12 rifle and aimed into the blaze on the right where bullets were coming from, while Henry pulled out his AK 47 rifle and shot at the other side. Henry stood and lunged for the safe cover, his skin got badly scared from a bullet scraping his shin. He had made it to cover, as they dragged the female to safety and over the fence. When they had made it to the junkyard, she finally spoke...