xxxii

NOW PLAYING...

SERENDIPITY (FULL-LENGTH EDITION) by BTS

As the Germans cheered for a victory, Kars shot off the crystal spikes, his eyes glowing a supernatural red

As the Germans cheered for a victory, Kars shot off the crystal spikes, his eyes glowing a supernatural red. His blood traveled behind him, but soon enough, the pillar man came crashing back down. 

"Alright, let's eliminate him for good!" commanded von Stroheim. "Bring out the U.V. amplifier!"

"Yes, Sir!" The army saluted.

"It seems like they have it all under control." You turned to Joseph, watching him pull up Lisa Lisa safely. She was bleeding, but alright. You sat on your knees beside the two. 

"Kars said he didn't quite kill you..." Joseph spoke to his unconscious coach, exhausted and still trying to catch his breath. "I don't think he hit anything vital... If we act quickly, I'm sure you'll live through this."

Joseph stood up, carrying the woman. He quickly kissed the side of your head once on his feet, then began his trek off the structure, you following close behind. Could this all finally be over? 

"We're ready to fire!" you heard the Germans announce. 

"Right!" responded von Stroheim. "Aim it right at him! We will have the honor of executing Kars!" You and Joseph jumped down, listening to the insane cackles of the cyborg. "I can't tell you how good it feels to order this myself!"

The light began to fire up, but just as you all thought victory was in sight, Kars turned, revealing to be wearing the stone mask with the Red Stone of Aja inside. You felt your stomach sink. You grabbed onto the arm with the injured hand nervously. Would he waste his time on you now that he turned himself?

"Don't, von Stroheim!" warned your father. "The mask! The stone is in his mask! The U.V. light will help him!"

"D-Damn it! Stop! Don't fire the U.V. amplifier!"

Yet, the light shot out despite the protests. Though its victim was right in the shot, it didn't harm Kars. He stood as still as the stone in his mask, taking and basking in it all. The Red Stone reflected a similar glow, objects growing from the stone as a natural reaction. As the process began on the pillar man, he gripped at the ground, lights of various colors, brightness, and width length illuminating from him. 

"When did he manage to put on the mask!?" you exclaimed with worry. "When did he put the Red Stone in!?"

Unfortunately, no one had an answer for you, and you couldn't blame them--you were in such bewilderment and horror, it made your stomach hurt. 

When the light show was over, the stone mask was destroyed, much to your delight. You would not be becoming of Kars's servants that night. However, despite this optimistic turn of events for you, it wasn't enough to call it a victory. In fact, it was the opposite. You had just watched the birth of a super-being... and he had a hit list.