Prologue

"Are oh Shivaay. Kam pe lagja..." - He heard her voice again in his dreams, His lips widened to a smile but soon sound of her chuckle turned into groans when shivaay felt darkness in his dream which woke him up in a jerk. Tears crossed his eyes already, He was on his way towards his hometown, In the train. 

"It's just for a few hours, Anu. I will relieve you from every pain, We will have happily ever after." - He murmured to himself looking at her hand-drew image which was drawn by him before he leaves to study faraway. He still remembers that day, She took off her pallu for the first time before him with a sad smile in her face made him look at the bite marks in her neck. Then, She released her saree which hid her wounds in her arms and forearm. His eyes welled up when he saw that on that spot. 

"Have a clear look at me, Shivaay. And draw me from your heart's vision." - She said looking at him, He drew her without those wounds and In his image, She had a happy smile in her face and gave the portrait to her. She didn't react but took the paint and painted her lips with red colour paint and kissed the paper next to her painting.

"Study well. Be independent. Be straight-forward, Never bow your head for anyone. Keep this in mind." - She said and put her pallu on and hid her wounds again. She walked away from him but he couldn't stop her. His eyes went shut looking at her. 

His eyes opened in a jerk. He suffocated again, He couldn't able to breathe again. He searched for the water closing his eyes in the fear of opening it. He held the water jug while closing his eyes and gulped it fastly. He searched for the lights and turned it on behind his bed. The lights were on and the darkness in-between his closed eyes finally faded away. He opened his eyes. The time ticked 3 in the early morning and all he remembers from his dream was her chuckle and groans. And her tone, Arre oh shivaay. 

His mornings are usual, Getting up, making himself a cup of coffee and get ready to his office which he owns. From nothing to everything. He was always proud of himself but he constantly feels some driving him so hard to be so successful. But he was unaware of that. He was searching for it but he couldn't able to find it. His private life became nothing because of that question. 

"You should consult psychiatrist, Shivaay. How long you will live under the shed of fears?" - He said to himself looking at the mirror while wearing the tie. But he knew, He had no courage to open up everything to any unknown. He feels like losing the treasure of happiness when he tells anyone about the chuckles he's hearing but not the groans, It was his worst nightmare. Whenever he recalls it, He couldn't able to come out of it. Somewhere he feels like he's responsible for her groans. He was shocked when he saw the mansion of his haunted dreams in real life. He bought it without thinking much. Why the hell he did that? Even he didn't have the answer to it. 

He was in no mood to go to any meeting or talk to anyone, He was depressed in his thoughts. He feels so incomplete. All his wanted was forgetting that groans from his ears and hear the chuckle all time. While then, An Email popped into his system

**************

"Anika, Please forgive your father. I have no ways other than doing this."  -  She read the note beneath her pillow. She was confused and got up from the bed. She was all ready to visit Kolapur's haunted house to write a haunted story as a journalist the next day but she was hell confused by the letter. She looked around only to experience the mischievous silence from her home. She bluntly walked towards the drawing-room and found another letter. It was a brief one from her father. 

Dear Anika,

After reading this letter I don't know how you will feel. But I took this decision out of no choice, beta. I have never been a father for you and Now I accept the fact. For business, I took a loan from Mr Mathur. But I couldn't able to repay him due to the losses. When I left with no penny, He asked me to repay my loans or sell you. I sold you, Anika. I sold you for my debts. I know I ruined your life, But try to understand me.

Your Father.

********************

(Well, A new story. Tell your views, Guys. I know it's different. But it's a very short story, Last for 10 parts, I guess. Will be finishing it by the end of valentine's week, I guess. Tell me your view.)

  tamayantimondal pinkisaha2020 sidlove143 dearpia Butterfly1606 krishpinkysa HariniJHS ayeshasif worst2020 mallika90 Meerakunju nabilaismahane_1997 KritikaSud93 kani_venkat