Chapter 4; Half and Half

You open your eyes, adjusting to the unfamiliar room that you were in. Attempting to stretch, you felt that your arms and legs were restrained. Looking around, you notice two unknown figures looking at you.

"So you're awake," a tall and buff man glares at you with his arms crossed. Fire emits from various parts of his body, slightly startling you.

"Hey kid! Sorry about the restraints but a little birdie told us that you murdered his friends," the man you saw earlier with the large, vibrant red wings greets you. He has yellow shades with a dark tan jacket and a matching pair of baggy pants.

"Where am I?" you ask, attempting to move around. With a defeated sigh, you accept your fate.

"Ouch, not even gonna thank your saviors?" the blonde, winged man asks.

"You're the one who caused her to come to this hospital in the first place, Hawks," the redhead rolls his eyes.

"Guess you're right, sorry 'bout that kid. You were the one who got in the way of my target. Thanks to that, he got away," the man apparently names Hawks comments.

You let out a relieved sigh at the news. "I understand that but do you m-mind answering my question," you take a short pause before continuing. "Where am I?"

"I'll answer that once you answer mine first, did you kill those 4 policemen?" Hawks asks.

"Who are you talking about? I-I don't recall even touching anyone," you shyly respond. When it comes to social interaction, your abilities are rather... disappointing. In a fight, your personality takes a full 180 in order to seem threatening towards your opponents.

"Don't act smart with us, brat," the tall guy raises his voice.

"Hey, go easy on the girl, Endeavor. She looks young," Hawks says, glancing at the man named Endeavor. "Look, we just want to know if you killed them."

Without responding, you avoid their glances and sink into the bed you were restrained onto.

"Don't make this more difficult than it has to be, we will take extreme measures," Endeavor says.

"Go ahead, I've felt worse," getting flashbacks of all the harsh treatment, you sigh.

Endeavor and Hawks glance at each other, expressions growing soft. "We'll be back, don't move."

Walking out of the room, they shut the door behind them. "That wasn't a funny joke," Endeavor starts.

"Oh come on~ it was good!" Hawks laughs at his own joke making it seem more pitiful. "Anyway, what do we do about her? She doesn't seem like she'll open up anytime soon. She's shy and timid, how can a child like her kill all those skilled officers?"

"I thought you were good with females around her age group, don't you know any tactics to make her feel comfortable with her?" Endeavor asks.

"Usually yes but this kid seems...off. When we called her parents, they said they abandoned her several years ago," Hawks places his bent index finger on top of his chin, bringing his gaze up towards the roof. "Who has been taking care of her? We have no record of any legal guardians nor do we have any record of a Quirk."

"We are also unaware of what she had meant when she said she had felt worse," Endeavor looks at the door to your room, questionably. "Overall, we don't know about her Quirk, family, friends or how to warm up towards her."

"Seriously, this girl's a mystery! Why don't we start by finding out whether or not she has a Quirk then we can warm up to her and find out more about her," Hawks suggests. "We should also tell the nurse that she has woken up."