Chapter 3: the dare

~*Miles*~

"I texted Dylan about what actually happened and it turns out I'll be dating you for a month?" I grabbed my bag that fell on the floor when she caught me and that Nikki about to kiss.

I don't quite understand where is this going to take. I must've been so wasted. Damn it!

"Wala akong kinalaman don. I promise." she suddenly swore infront of me with those innocent-baby look on her face.
"I didn't know my friend would do that. I actually thought of a different consequence..." she then suddenly lowered the tone of her voice as she continued without looking at me,
"..I didn't know she had something else in mind. I'm sorry."

I heaved a sigh, not that deep.
"It's fine. I'm a man of my word, so I'll do what I ought to do. Including this day, I only have 30 more days to be dating you?"

She looked quite disappointed looking at me. So she's actually expecting something out from this dare?

".. hindi pa nga nangangalahati ang araw na'to pero gusto mo nang isali to. Ganun ka ba talaga ka-eager to get rid of me." damn those eyes and tone. Para syang grade one sa ginagawa niya, para tuloy akong nang agaw ng candy.

"I'm sorry okay. I just don't like doing this kind of silly thing. Dating an innocent girl out of a dare? This is ridiculous."

".. Do you really think I'm that of a baby to call me those names? Hindi na'ko bata, Miles! And for all you know I've flirted with many other guys before you, I mean, this happened. You don't know what I am capable of."

I smirked a little noticing how she would want me to see her as a woman. That was cute though. But I don't think I'll fall for someone pulling tricks on me, not even to a someone who plays innocent but is different down inside.

"I'm sorry if I offended you. Then let's make it official tomorrow. I have to leave. Anyway, thanks for taking care of me. Genuinely appreciated." ginulo ko ang buhok niya and smiled on my way out of the room. I can smell the annoyance in her dahil sa ginawa ko. It's just that no matter how I think about it she just looks really like a baby.

I reached the sala with the brat after me making little steps baka takot na makita ng mama niya. I overheard their conversation earlier sa office ng mama niya, I looked for my way out and ended up discovering a very amusing scene, they surely made someone a fool.

"Oh? You're leaving now, hijo?" I stopped and looked at the middle-aged, beautiful woman standing near their window. And now infront of me was a table with a girl sitting, and I assumed it was my "suppose-to-be-girlfriend" Nikki.

"Good Evening po." I bowed and greeted her. The brat looked exactly just as her.

"Good Evening. Okay ka na ba? I'm sorry I wasn't able to formally introduce myself, I am Vilma Avilar, Jasha's mom and Nikki's Tita." she offered her hand and I accepted it with a simple smile.

"Please to meet you po. Sorry for intruding into your house. Miles Huang, by the way."

"Ohhhh! You're so handsome. Nikki saan mo ba nakilala ang napaka-gwapong lalaking ito, ah. So you're a chinese, ha?" Just stop it will you. She was pinching my cheeks to much. Kung wala lang talaga akong galang sa nga nakakatanda.

A cough was suddenly heard coming from Nikki and slowly stood up from her chair.

"Eheem.. Ahmm.. Aalis ka na diba?" she showed those fake, wanna-get-rid of me grin. At ipinulupot ang kamay niya sa braso ko.