Chapter 12

"So anyone else needs anything?" Adi asked handling down the cold drinks, "Jaan?"

"No, it's alright." Pranali said staring at the portrait on the wall making sure not to meet eyes with her brother.

"Oh come on, you can't still be mad at me." Adi sighed as he took the seat in front of her, all of them were seated on the sofas and the bean bags in the living room.

"You should have told me that you're here." Pranali huffed.

"It was supposed to be a surprise." Adi whined.

"But, to be fair, you are in town for a month." Mika pointed out.

"You're not helping." Adi mock glared, "But well, I thought that I was the one giving the surprise but turns out..." Adi trailed of looking at Abhi.

Abhi stiffened in his seat as Adi's eyes landed on him, a cookie halfway to his mouth and gulped receiving amused glances from the rest of the occupants of the room. Vaish looked towards Tunisha trying to stifle her giggle but seeing the same expression on her friend's face both of them burst out laughing taking the others with them except the said three.

"It isn't that funny." Abhi grumbled.

"Oh... it is..." Sumedh said wiping tears of mirth from his eyes.

"Since Pri knows too, you're gonna move in right?" Mallika asked trying to divert the situation a bit.

"I don't..."

"We don't wanna hear any excuses." Mika said interrupting Adi.

"Yeah, no more excuses. And anyway, you haven't even properly unpacked yet." Pranali said indicating the scattered boxes.

"Ok ok I will. But I can see what you two are doing here, diverting the topic."

"Yup, we wanna know everything. You can help out your sister later." Vaish said winking at Mika.

"Yeah, so where did you two meet?" Tunisha asked eagerly.

"Yeah, even I want to know that. Every time I asked you where you were going you said that you were hanging out with Mr. Biscuits." Mallika said doing a redo of their previous conversations.

"Mr. Biscuits?" All of them asked together.

"Her best friend." Mallika answered.

"Your best friend is called Mr. Biscuits?" Adi asked frowning.

"Yeah, no offence but it sounds like something someone would call their dog." Sumedh said shrugging making the others laugh.

"Sumu, you feed your dog biscuits, you don't call him that." Tunisha chided.

"Well similar." He shrugged again.

"But that didn't answer her question, when did you two meet if you were hanging out with Mr. Biscuits?" Jannat asked again but before Pranali could answer Abhi burst out laughing.

"Why the hell are you laughing?" Basant turned towards Abhi.

"Maybe he's gone mad..." Adi said receiving a glare from both Pranali and Mallika, "What? I am allowed to at least say that, I am the Brother here." Adi said returning their look while the others looked on amused at their exchange.

"You..you..call him... Mr. Biscuits?" Abhi asked in between laughs making Pranali turn red.

"Inside joke..." Pranali mumbled.

"Wait a minute, you know Mr. Biscuits?" Mallika asked Abhi sending him rolling on the floor with laughter.

"Of course I do." Abhi replied still laughing.