Chapter 4 Kai

The shadow of the evil lord came closer. His laugh got louder, but it sounded different. "Stay sharp boys," I warned. The laugh sounded like a kid. Sure enough, a little kid walked out. "It is I, Lloyd Garmadon!" the boy yelled. He jumped on the fountain. "I declare all the candy in town, or else!" "Lloyd Garmadon? I thought we were facing Lord Garmadon," Jay complained. "It's his son," Cole said. "He must have escaped his boarding school for bad boys again." Lloyd Garmadon must have seen that the town was no longer scared. "Give me your candy, or I'll release the Serpentine on you!" he cried. We walked towards him. He launched rubber snakes at us. The village people started throwing tomatoes at him. "I want candy, not vegetables. I hate vegetables!" Lloyd cried. I picked up a rubber snake. "He's going to have to use something better than a bed time story to scare people," I said. I launched the snake. "The Serpentine are real Kai," Zane said. "They are not something to joke about. "Serpentine? Real?" Kai joked. "We're talking about ancients make people who were locked underground," he said. "Separated into five tombs to separate the five tribes," Jay said. He sounded a little scared. "They were just an old wives tail to keep you from sticking your nose where it doesn't belong," I explained. "Isn't it strange that no one has discovered their tombs?" I asked. "You'd be a fool to look for one," Cole pointed out. "If there was anything I hated anymore than dragons, it was snakes," Cole said. He walked over and put Lloyd over his shoulder. We all carried him. "Don't worry folks, ninja business here," Cole said. "Buy me some candy or suffer my wrath!" Lloyd cried. "What are we supposed to do, spank him?" Kai asked. We hung him on the roof. "You just made me your nemesis, mark my words," He cried from the roof. That just made us laugh. A lot of the town had came to watch. Zane went to candy table and bought some candy. "Next time, pay for your candy," Cole said. "Crime doesn't pay mochacho," I said. "Yum, Cotton Candy," Jay said. Lloyd growled at us. We laughed and left town.